"Stay Awhile" Debarkation Day Excursion

I was just browsing the excursions for our July Brilliance Med cruise and I saw this excursion.

Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. With our new Stay Awhile program, you can extend the last day of your cruise – remain onboard and continue to enjoy everything the ship has to offer before your later departure. We’ll handle your luggage while you enjoy a late breakfast or lunch at Windjammer café; pamper yourself at the spa; relax on the pool deck – the ship is yours. So relax, kick back, and stay awhile.

Just curious, has anyone does this? Is this relatively new? How long do you think they will allow people to stay on the ship? Its 39.00 per adult. 22.00 per child.

I was just browsing the excursions for our July Brilliance Med cruise and I saw this excursion.

Not quite ready to say goodbye? Neither are we. With our new Stay Awhile program, you can extend the last day of your cruise – remain onboard and continue to enjoy everything the ship has to offer before your later departure. We’ll handle your luggage while you enjoy a late breakfast or lunch at Windjammer café; pamper yourself at the spa; relax on the pool deck – the ship is yours. So relax, kick back, and stay awhile.

Just curious, has anyone does this? Is this relatively new? How long do you think they will allow people to stay on the ship? Its 39.00 per adult. 22.00 per child.

Not new, they've been doing it on selected European cruises for a few years. You usually get to stay on until last call.

On Harmony Med last summer it was available in cruise planner and also offered on board. You could stay up to 3pm, but still had to be out of your room by 8am, had to use set luggage tags night before so no access to luggage, and any drinks package expired, you needed to leave a credit card on file for final day charges.

I suspect it may have been valid for such a late departure due to the Rome/Barcelona split starting port on that itinerary but we met a fair few people who were taking advantage of it where they had later flights home