Elation Review--November 14--Galveston

Snoozeman

They did have the new bedding on Elation. I know that Conquest was changed during it's drydock in early September, so I don't know WHEN they made the change out on Elation. Perhaps all at once or gradually by deck. At least I did have the new bedding (which was kind of a surprise) on Empress deck. I'm guessing it's throughout the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Snoozeman:

As a recent cruiser on Elation, I am hoping that you can help me regarding dining times. I plan to post this on a couple of other threads, too, and anyone who has cruise Elation recently is more than wlecome to respond. Let me first say that I am heading up a family party of nine, which include my 90 year old mother-in-law who thinks this will be her last “fling”, as it were. We have four cabins reserved on Empress Deck – all in the E60’s. As such, we are assuming that we will be assigned to the forward “Imagination” dining room. We further notice that in all of the Capers we’ve managed to see that the “Imagination” dining room handles the 6:15 and 8:30 seatings, while the “Inspiration” handles 5:45 and 8:00.

We had originally requested the 8:00 dinner seating based on our original port of call times and before we knew which dining room handled which seating. Since, our ports and times have changed such that both calls will be over by 4:00. Thus, we are thinking of requesting the 6:15 seating instead.

Two questions, if you will. First, did they follow the same schedule/dining rooms during your cruise? Second, is there any compelling reason you can see to choose early or late seatings? Thanks so much in advance for your consideration.

David

While we were waiting to set sail (Nov 19), we sat out on the balcony and watched them load several (10-15) pallets of mattresses onto the ship. During our cruise they changed out our mattress, so I would assume that they are doing these over time? Quite frankly I found the new mattresses to be very hard and not that comfortable. I sleep on an extra firm mattress at home, but this one was even harder than the one at home. It didn't keep me awake or anything, but if someone is used to sleeping on a softer mattress, they might not think these are too comfortable.

Someone above asked about blow dryers. While regular cabins do not have them the cat 12 suites do (maybe the cat 11 as well, but I don't know). It was a good thing they had them because ours from home wouldn't plug into the outlet by the mirror, because it was so low to the counter top that the plug wouldn't go in. The one Carnival provided had a smaller plug and fit fine. Anyway I also saw in the room steward's closet a number of blow dryers. I don't know if they'd provide them to a regualr cabin on request or not.

As far as dining times (i answered the other post also). We had 6:15 and found it to be fine. Our kids would have had problems staying up late enough for the 8:30 time and my MIL can't eat that late either (and she's not 90 )

Mike

Thanks SM. Sounds like I might be changing our request. She doesn't really care what time she eats, but a friend of hers has told her horror stories about eating late on a cruise and then missing shows. So, she is asking for the 6:15.......

• 3 months later...

the fantasy Class ships used number their decks with Riviera starting as deck 4. I noticed that Carnival's site lists Riviera deck as deck 1, with Deck 0 being Embarkation. This would go along with how the decks are numbered on Triumph and Victory and later. Did you notice how they were numered? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Snoozeman, you mentioned that you found the secret door. We will be on Elation in October, and I was wondering what the "Secret Door" is? Thanks.

It gets you to a forward deck on the bow of the ship. It is rarely used, but a good place to be when pulling into a port. Very windy otherwise. You access it from a door in the theater. Port side forward. There is a set of double doors that get you to the deck.

Archived