Chankanaab Dolphin Encounter - booking through Carnival ship vs. direct

moobear67

The Carnival price for Chankanaab Dolphin Encounter is clearly more than booking direct ahead of time and taking a taxi. However, it looks like you can only get a 1:00 or 3:30 time for the encounter if you book direct. The excursion through Carnival says that the times they depart the port for the excursion is 10:30, 11:30 or 12:30. Does that mean if you want to do the actual dolphin encounter in the morning you can only book through Carnival, or are those times just for the transportation to Chankanaab, and your actual dolphin encounter time will still end up being 1:00 or 3:30?

It is a short ride to chaunkanaab. I would book the 1:00 and go earlier and enjoy the park. It's an amazing Park with so much to see. I remember my dolphin swim starting on time and small groups. The price is a great deal cheaper and some times they have 1/2 price for 2nd person booking direct.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Forums mobile app

It is a short ride to chaunkanaab. I would book the 1:00 and go earlier and enjoy the park. It's an amazing Park with so much to see. I remember my dolphin swim starting on time and small groups. The price is a great deal cheaper and some times they have 1/2 price for 2nd person booking direct.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I think we plan to do the sea lion show too. I read that it is held at 12 or 12:30. If that is correct, then we might not be able to do a 1:00 dolphin encounter. Do you remember what time the sea lion show is held?

Did this through their website and it's much better than going trough cruise line. It's a short cab ride to the park. Right now they are offering 40%off off the Royal Dolphin swim. You can request whatever time is available. We got there early (when it was supposedly sold out) and they asked if we wanted to go earlier. So easy to do on own.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a group of 4 adults who will be in Cozumel on Sept. 8. Two are interested in the Dolphin Swim. Do you book it through Dolphin Discovery or through the Chankanaab website? Will the 2 not interested in this activity be able to watch?

Also, I am worried about it being crowded as there are 4 ships in port that day - Carnival Dream, MSC Opera, RCCL Oasis and RCCL Liberty. I am guessing most kids will be back to school already?

Shirley

We have a group of 4 adults who will be in Cozumel on Sept. 8. Two are interested in the Dolphin Swim. Do you book it through Dolphin Discovery or through the Chankanaab website? Will the 2 not interested in this activity be able to watch?

Also, I am worried about it being crowded as there are 4 ships in port that day - Carnival Dream, MSC Opera, RCCL Oasis and RCCL Liberty. I am guessing most kids will be back to school already?

Shirley

You can book it either way, and still have everyone go to Chankanaab. If you book through the ship, 2 would book the encounter and 2 would book the day at Chankanaab.