Review Sun 10/30 - thank you cruise critic

elsiesunshine

i would like to take the opportunity to thank you all here on the boards. i recently took a cruise...my first cruise might i add...i sailed on the NCL Sun 10/30. i was apprehensive with so many questions and all the hurricanes didn't help matters too much. But because you all were so helpful i ended up having the best time! And like many stated i am now truly addicted to cruising.

My travels took me to Belize where i experienced an awesome time cave tubbing with Tom Green and his son! They were very informative about Belize and helpful when we needed to purchase a battery for our camera. btw they can be reached at ***** . You will be glad you went with them! They ran a very safe and fun adventure! It was made possible because of the friendly folks here on CC sharing your wealth of information. Thank you.

My cabin was wonderful. The hint about bringing an over the door shoe storage back was great!! It worked out very nicely thank you! i cannot say enough about the service i received on the Sun! i truly felt like royalty. i would definantly book again with them. Even returning to the same ports!

Our next days adventures was the Dolphin Encounter in Roatan. It was so breathtaking! Loved experiencing the locals. the children are so anxious to be helpful. How can you not accept their willingness. It was a grand day.

All an all our first sea faring adventure was a success and we plan many more in the VERY near future. and rest assure i will be looking once again to the boards for the wealth of information that can be gleaned here.

Thank you again so very much!

Happy cruising y'all!:)

ELsiesunshine......That's awesome! Isn't cruising just wonderful?...such enthusiasm..all my cruises are like first time cruises.i love the anticipation, planning, reading and learning here about the ports of call, and don't forget to join the rol calls for your cruises......you'll meet lots of great people like ME:D , months before even setting sail...you can plan to meet on the ship too!!!!!!

One warning though: for this addiction there is no cure!

ELsiesunshine......That's awesome! Isn't cruising just wonderful?...such enthusiasm..all my cruises are like first time cruises.i love the anticipation, planning, reading and learning here about the ports of call, and don't forget to join the roll calls for your cruises......you'll meet lots of great people like ME:D , months before even setting sail...you can plan to meet on the ship too!!!!!!

One warning though: for this addiction there is no cure!

YES! the ROLL CALL has been great!! Loved having the opportunity to get to know folks before sailing away with them. It made the antisipation even more exciting. i have kept up with a few from our high seas adventure and we plan on cruising together again!

Love this wealth of information.

i do have a question....

if one were to find themselves in need of a cruise and NOT have a bunk mate is there a way to find one or how does one book a cruise?

Silly question?

Welcome to the addiction club! Glad you enjoyed your first cruise and I see you're already asking about more. lol Can't really answer your question about a bunk mate, other than to bring a friend. The single rates for cruises are astronomical, ships want to get all they can get onboard.

Elsiesunshine:

Some questions regarding your cave tubing. I'm not much of an adventerous (sp)? but was told to try it. Is it like white water rafting because that is definitely not for me. How fast are you going? My husband is 65 would that be a problem? did you have time to walk around Belize before or after the tubing? Sorry for all of the questions. Anything you would like to provide on the topic would be very much appreciated. One more thing, would you advise to book on the web ahead of time? Thanks much!

I have not done the Dolphin Encounter on the Sun but my cousin did last year and she said that she would not do it again cause it was expensive and you only got a few minutes with the dolphins. She said she did not think the time spent was worth the money.

Elsiesunshine:

Some questions regarding your cave tubing. I'm not much of an adventerous (sp)? but was told to try it. Is it like white water rafting because that is definitely not for me. How fast are you going? My husband is 65 would that be a problem? did you have time to walk around Belize before or after the tubing? Sorry for all of the questions. Anything you would like to provide on the topic would be very much appreciated. One more thing, would you advise to book on the web ahead of time? Thanks much!

Cave tubing in Belize isn't an "adventurous" excursion. Rather, it's like floating in an inner tube at your local water park's "Lazy River," if you have one. It's veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrry slow. Be hopeful your guide gets you out in the sun once in a while, though, because I was freeeeeezing. I wore a big T-shirt, but I was still cold. I was wishing the water would go faster.

Hi Lilbit,

The Cave tubbing was an easy ride. The waters were up when we went so the flow was nice. No white water just some easy 'roller coasters' We didn't have to paddle that often. You are 'chained' or rather linked together by feets. Its was fun because it was something different. The lunch afterwards at the parks lil cafe was so delicious as well! i know i would go again because i enjoyed the walk thru the wooded area. Saw the leaf cutting ants and some interesting fauna.

i don't remember being cold...the pools temps on the ship seemed cooler than the river. *shrugs* Tom would appreciate knowing ahead of time if you decide to book with him. Less than half the price than the NCL's price and you go to the same spot. He would be there waiting for you with your name on a sign just as you get off the ferry. He has a very comfortable van that has air cond. if needed. We had a couple hours after our cave tubbing to check out the area in Belize. i noticed the roads weren't marked so besure to look for landmarks if you wander too far.

As for the dolphin encounter...yes i was disappointed that we couldn't actually swim with them but just the opportunity to be that close to nature like that was thrilling. i can always delight in most any situation. i'll try and attach a picture of our dolphin encounter. Would i do it again? Well i didn't get the chance to snorkle because it was storming and they called it off.

i do hope that i have covered all your questions...if not feel free to email me at elsiesunshine@msn.com just put cruise boards in the subject title.

i don't wanna cure for this addiction!! LOVING IT!!!

Well email if you wanna see the pictures i can't get them to attach here.

Thanks for the info on Cave Tubbing. Is there a lot of walking involved? My sister is recovering from surgery & chemo & is very weak. She really wants to do this. Here's hoping!!!

This is from NCL's description of their cave tubing excursion :(

"be prepared for an approximately 45-minute hike down a jungle trail."

Yes there is a walk to the river. Maybe 45 mins but it isn't a rough walk at all. i was a few months out from BC and chemo. i did alright. You can email Major Tom and ask him what he thinks. He may have some way to get her closer to the water so she doesn't have to do the walk? It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Best

Archived