1 thing each port; Montego Bay, Cayman, Cozumel

b8tzm

I keep reading how the stingray experience in caymans is a must do. We've done the shark/ray tour in Belize and while it was an amazing experience and great poto. op. that everyone should experience, I think I would rather snorkle a good reef or check out 7 mile beach?? Usually go to islands for good snorkling but not so good beaches. 1st cruise

Most tours take you to Coral Gardens along with Sting Ray Sand Bar, so yiu get the best of both worlds. We are doing a 3 hour tour that will hit three spots total. We were in GC in 2003 and didn't know about these boards and didn't know about the Sting Rays - we had a great time snokeling right from the beach at Eden Rock. That being said when we got back to the ship for dinner that night our table mates told us what a great time they had with the Sting Rays. Since I've also read quite a bit about them and the National Geographic quote also hypes it up.

We were in GC in 2000 and took a tour of stingray city AFTER we arrived into port from our tender. We were EXTREMELY disappointed. The reason: we got taken!! We took a tour supposedly to stingray city. What we found was that we got taken on a little boat that really didnt look very safe for starters. Then after going a short distance, right in the middle of the ocean, we were told that we had arrived and that we should put on our fins etc and get into the water. This, after specifically telling the tour guide (before we boarded) that my wife does not swim. When we asked him about the sand bar, and what we had been promised - waist deep water - he just ignored us. Thoguth I should post my experience.

Lesson learned: if you plan on going to stingray city, go either with what the cruise ship offers or take ONLY one of the more recognised excurions that many of the posters on this board have referred to.

Wouldn't want anyone to get stund in stingray city - pun intended.

Most tours take you to Coral Gardens along with Sting Ray Sand Bar, so yiu get the best of both worlds. We are doing a 3 hour tour that will hit three spots total. We were in GC in 2003 and didn't know about these boards and didn't know about the Sting Rays - we had a great time snokeling right from the beach at Eden Rock. That being said when we got back to the ship for dinner that night our table mates told us what a great time they had with the Sting Rays. Since I've also read quite a bit about them and the National Geographic quote also hypes it up.

Where can I find out about the one that hits all3 in 3 hrs? Thanks

Where can I find out about the one that hits all3 in 3 hrs? Thanks

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

Half-day Excursion: 10 AM to 1 PM, or 2 PM to 5 PM, seven days a week (Check in by 9:15 AM or by 1:15 PM)

· Stingray City sandbar, where you may feed and swim with the 'rays

· Snorkel at the beautiful Coral Gardens

· Snorkel at the incredible Barrier Reef!

· Price: US$39.99/ages 12 and over; US$27.50/ages 4-11; under age 4, free!

· Price includes round-trip transportation from the Waterfront Centre, or from your condo or hotel on Seven Mile Beach, PLUS snorkel gear, life vest (optional), food for the stingrays, and icewater and fruit punch on board the boat.

We did "Spirit of Montego Bay" and enjoyed it. You get to see quite a bit

and you are in a bus. From what I saw on the outside of the bus I was in no

hurry to get out and mingle. I have been all over the world and the conditions

there were some of the worst I have seen. :)

Archived