Ardastra Gardens & City Tour in Nassua

CruiseFairy

Hi, since Blue Lagoon is closed down, my friend and I have to pick a new shore excursion. She is a major animal lover and wants to do the Adastra Gardens and city tour in Nassua, Bahamas. I was wondering is this worth the $37.00 per person? Have you been on this excursion? Any details are appreciated, thanks in advance!

Hi, since Blue Lagoon is closed down, my friend and I have to pick a new shore excursion. She is a major animal lover and wants to do the Adastra Gardens and city tour in Nassua, Bahamas. I was wondering is this worth the $37.00 per person? Have you been on this excursion? Any details are appreciated, thanks in advance!

When is your cruise? We booked this tour but our cruise isn't until April.

Ardastra Gardens is very much an old-fashion zoo, with animals in way-too-small cages, so if your friend is disturbed by that sort of thing you may want to check out something else. Also, bring bug spray, there is alot of biting bugs everywhere on the island. On the plus side some of the birds have the run of the place, the peacocks will wander right up to you. There are also several "shows" a day at seemingly odd times, so you may want to come first thing and plan your day. I can't imagine what they would show you on a Nassau city tour, it's not that big and many of the sites are within walking distance (bring good shoes though, things aren't that close together) The Jitneys (mini-buses) are safe, cheap, fun and run frequently.

Archived