Internet / Cell At sea aka Sat coverage while on norwegian fjords cruise

So Normaly I dont care about internet or cell while on a cruise (the main reason for a cruise is to disconnect), But this time the kids are at home with the sitter and I want to make sure they can get ahold of me. I am a tech person so i looked up voom's provider and it seems even though Royal sold me the internet it may not be good (over 45deg Lat says limited coverage). So knowing that here is my question. First does anyone have any info on how the coverage really is on Serenade Of The Seas, in that cruise for internet? Second does this also effect Cell at Sea service? Any recomendations for coms while on the cruise up this far?

Thanks for input. I am posting here to get the most info for this cruise vs random other ones.

There can be problems in the high sided Fjords with coms which rely on the ship picking up a signal. But out of the Fjords the ships Internet and cell at sea systems should be fine, though expensive.

Free Wifi access is pretty good in the various ports you will be going to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There can be problems in the high sided Fjords with coms which rely on the ship picking up a signal. But out of the Fjords the ships Internet and cell at sea systems should be fine, though expensive.

Free Wifi access is pretty good in the various ports you will be going to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im kinda slow with Maps, here is our iternary where do u think will be ok vs issues ie in Fjords?

Copenhagen, Denmark 5:00 PM

14-May Cruising Cruising

15-May Stavanger, Norway 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

16-May Bergen, Norway 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

17-May Alesund, Norway 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

18-May Geiranger, Norway 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

19-May Cruising Cruising

20-May Copenhagen, Denmark

So Normaly I dont care about internet or cell while on a cruise (the main reason for a cruise is to disconnect), But this time the kids are at home with the sitter and I want to make sure they can get ahold of me. I am a tech person so i looked up voom's provider and it seems even though Royal sold me the internet it may not be good (over 45deg Lat says limited coverage). So knowing that here is my question. First does anyone have any info on how the coverage really is on Serenade Of The Seas, in that cruise for internet? Second does this also effect Cell at Sea service? Any recomendations for coms while on the cruise up this far?

Thanks for input. I am posting here to get the most info for this cruise vs random other ones.

I have not been on Serenade but I have done a Fjords cruise. The internet and Cell at Sea are service are poor, many times non existent because all the satellites, including the ones used for Voom are geostationary over the equator. So the farther north you go the worse the coverage because of the latitude. This will apply to any ship because of physics.

Im kinda slow with Maps, here is our iternary where do u think will be ok vs issues ie in Fjords?

Copenhagen, Denmark 5:00 PM

14-May Cruising Cruising

15-May Stavanger, Norway 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

16-May Bergen, Norway 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

17-May Alesund, Norway 8:00 AM 8:00 PM Docked

18-May Geiranger, Norway 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

19-May Cruising Cruising

20-May Copenhagen, Denmark

If you have an unlocked cell phone I would suggest buying a Norwegian SIM card. We bought one in Stavenger.

If you have an unlocked cell phone I would suggest buying a Norwegian SIM card. We bought one in Stavenger.

Thanks I do have an unlocked phone, however with ATT its $10 a day to use my nomal cell data and min so I can do that im more concerned with when at sea