Reboarding after port stroller thru detector? & more ?'s

ccb

We will be traveling with our 8 mth old and have a few questions.

1. When flying with her we had to take her out of the stroller to go through the metal detector. When reboarding after being in port are infants usually allowed to stay in the stroller? Or do we have to remove her and have the stroller go through the x-ray?

2. We usually use a stroller/carseat combo when traveling but I am thinking of getting another folding umbrella type for this trip. Any one have recommendations? Most of the time we carry her in a Bjorn but she is getting heavy.

3. Sleeping arrangements. She doesn't sleep in a crib and I hesitate to try on a trip. Has anyone ever used those inflatable toddler mattresses? They say for 2 years old and up but?

TIA

When we reboarded the ship they made my 3 1/2 year old get out of the stroller and walk thru the metal detector. They only waved the wand over his stroller.....but the rest of our stuff had to go thru the x-ray machine. We used the umbrella stroller for him....its lightweight and easy to store. We didn't bother with his carseat- he's almost 40 lbs so he's almost ready for a booster. We did take him on excursions- he just sat in a regular seat and buckled up.

• 2 weeks later...

on NCL Jewel, the security officer pushed the stroller through the detector with our daughter (10 months) in it most of the time. She was usually sleeping. If your 8 MO will take to a umbrella stroller, I'd recommend going that route. The Maclarens are good. We have a Silver Cross, and it was great. I would just make sure to get one that reclines, you'll be amazed how much your child will sleep in the thing.

Archived