Planning to go on the Norwegian Escape [Haven] Would love some advice!

Hi there,

My family and I are planning to go on the Norwegian Escape this November and stay in the Haven. We've sailed with Norwegian two prior times and really enjoyed it however we wish we had known a little more about the ship/deck layout before booking; which brings me here!

We've never stayed in the Haven before and we're really excited! We can't decide to book a 17th or 18th floor family villa. We do not have kids and keep to ourselves so we're trying to stay away from the kiddos (not that we don't love them!). Any opinions on the best floor out of 17 & 18? Any particular staterooms to stay away from?

Also, do the elevators actually go into the Haven or do you need to take an elevator to deck 17, then walk through the Haven doors into the courtyard area? Is deck 18 noisy? We see there is a pool area/walking area above it?

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

There is no elevator that goes into the Haven, you are correct that you would take an elevator to deck 17 and walk into the Haven entrance. You'll be able to open the door with your key card. There is an elevator in the Haven lounge on deck 17 that goes to deck 18.

We were in an H5 on deck 18 last year, port side under the public sun deck. The only noise issues we had were from what sounded like crew dragging hoses overhead very early every morning. The hot tub on the public sun deck was partly above our cabin. We assume we were hearing them cleaning it. Annoying enough that we are booked on deck 17 for our cruise in the Haven this September.

The quietest rooms may be the ones most forward, not sure where there would be fewer kids about, since family staterooms are fairly distributed on both decks.

Take deck 17 if possible. Above 17, there are staterooms. Above 18, there are sundecks which can be noisy in the early am with chairs being moved. Port side will be louder than starboard side as far as chair noise. During the day, both decks would be fine.

Elevators go to deck 17 but a keycard is required to enter the Haven. Once you exit the elevator on 17, the entrance to the Haven is a few feet away on the port side..

There is a nice area above the pool but still under the retractable roof in the courtyard. It's usually quiet but if the roof is closed and the pool area is loud (with kids), the sound will travel everywhere.

Thank you very much for the replies! Your answers were exactly the information I was looking for.

Cheers!

I agree with deck 17. I have been on twice and you will love the Haven! You will not hear noise even back from the front which is what I prefer.

Enjoy the Haven restaurant, the lounge and private bar. The sundecks on both 17 and 18 are wonderful. Truly a special place to be totally spoiled!! :)

I have been on 24 or 25 different NCL cruises and almost all have been in the Haven. The best advice I can offer you is too really really try and connect with the butler and concierge on a personal level. They are key to enhancing your enjoyment of the Haven. If you make a connection with them you will have a much better experience. Don't be one of those people who try to do the two day end of cruise dance where you go out of your way to interact with them so as not to tip them. They have been doing the dance long enough that they will recognize pretty quickly they are not getting tipped. We typically form close enough relationships with them that we will take them to dinner at a restaurant of their choice during the cruise. They end up becoming life long FB friends and can't do enough to make us happy.

Haven is amazing no matter where you stay, however as you point out, if your intent is not to "mingle" with the rest of the ship, then your best bet is to stay on 17 or 18. We stayed on 17 right outside the Haven bar on the Getaway in 2016 in a 2 BR suite, and it was so nice to be able to be so close to the bar and Haven area.

We just got back from our 2nd cruise in Haven aboard the Escape and this time stayed in a Aft suite on deck 10. While I did not like being so far removed from Haven, the large balcony was great and made up for it. If we did it again, we'd go with the Aft suite again on a higher deck.

We usually avoid the crowded pool area during sea days, and if your goal is to hide away, Haven is the place to be!

Thank you everyone for your help with this! We just booked a 2 bedroom family suite in the Haven (deck 17) and we couldn't be more excited!

We just came back from the Dawn in April and I won 6 jackpots so I'm hoping to repeat on the Escape! :-)