Home Port Advisory excursion $0.01 pp?

Sizzlechest

It's not a place holder as many think it, it is just what the title proclaims.

It is for any special information specific to that home port and your itinerary that Carnival wants to convey.

Like when they used to depart from Barbados many passengers where unaware that they needed a full passport book, a yellow fever clearance certification, and that camo printed clothing (even in fun colors) is illegal on that island, so in addition to having this in the FAQs they started to post this as a excursion hope more people would read it there than the hit count the FAQs were getting.

Now a days you might find info on delays or inspection that pertain to your specific cruise posted there.

It's not a place holder as many think it, it is just what the title proclaims.

It is for any special information specific to that home port and your itinerary that Carnival wants to convey.

Like when they used to depart from Barbados many passengers where unaware that they needed a full passport book, a yellow fever clearance certification, and that camo printed clothing (even in fun colors) is illegal on that island, so in addition to having this in the FAQs they started to post this as a excursion hope more people would read it there than the hit count the FAQs were getting.

Now a days you might find info on delays or inspection that pertain to your specific cruise posted there.

Agree. Read several of them and you will see that it just gives pertinent information about the cruise. People are just having fun with the reviews.

So why doesn't carnival just convey the message to passengers via email or put it as a message in your cruise manager. why make you go though pay 1 cent just to read it? makes no sense.

Carnival; "Hey there some laws and advisory's you need to know about your ports of call but you have to pay 1 cent and go through check out to find out what it is. MUAHAHAHAHA"

Passenger: "yeah, what ever i'm not going through that cause i have no idea what its about therefor i'm not falling for it."

So why doesn't carnival just convey the message to passengers via email or put it as a message in your cruise manager. why make you go though pay 1 cent just to read it? makes no sense.

Carnival; "Hey there some laws and advisory's you need to know about your ports of call but you have to pay 1 cent and go through check out to find out what it is. MUAHAHAHAHA"

Passenger: "yeah, what ever i'm not going through that cause i have no idea what its about therefor i'm not falling for it."

You shouldn't have to pay the one-cent, it's probably just a quirk in Carnival's website, that they have to list a price on the excursion. That being said, I don't recall ever seeing any important information under those advisories.

You shouldn't have to pay the one-cent, it's probably just a quirk in Carnival's website, that they have to list a price on the excursion. That being said, I don't recall ever seeing any important information under those advisories.

I agree. More than likely, their site requires a price for each excursion or it won't accept it. By putting on the one cent cost, they can now add the advisory part and add to it if needed.

It won't let me sign up for it. It says "Guest doesn't meet age requirements". On the top of the page it says Minimum Age: 99. I'm old but NOT that old lol.

I thought this was for notification from Carnival for any issues with delays such as late arrival or boarding delays.

It won't let me sign up for it. It says "Guest doesn't meet age requirements". On the top of the page it says Minimum Age: 99. I'm old but NOT that old lol.

I thought this was for notification from Carnival for any issues with delays such as late arrival or boarding delays.

There is no need to purchase the "excursion" for notification. Any info concerning your trip might be posted in the "excursion" description area, but you will not receive notice if Carnival edits this.

For traveler's alerts concerning your boarding of the ship that is in your cruise manager where you put in your phone #s. There is a little box to check off for text alerts the day of boarding if there are any last minute changes. If more than a 1 or 2 days before the cruise, Carnival sends out any important change to your cruise via the email address you provided when booking. If booked through a travel agent or club membership vacation dept. they may have to be the ones to forward the info they receive from Carnival.

• 1 year later...