Ramada In Airport/cruiseport

wpd805

I MIGHT BE POSTING THIS THREAD IN THE WRONG AREA..IF SO IM SORRY...I WAS HOPING IF SOMEONE COULD SPREAD SOME LIGHT...I HAVE BEEN SEEING ON THESE BOARDS THAT THE RAMADA INN AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT IS IN A BAD NEIGHBORHOOD AND NOT A GOOD HOTEL (IN FLL) IS THIS TRUE..I ALSO HEARD THAT IT HAD CLEANED UP ALOT AND WAS NEAR SOME NEW CONDO'S THAT HAD RECENTLY BEEN BUILT...IM STARTING TO GET NERVOUS..(I AM BOOKED FOR THAT HOTEL PRIOR TO 2-18-06 LIBERTY CRUISE):confused:

I MIGHT BE POSTING THIS THREAD IN THE WRONG AREA..IF SO IM SORRY...I WAS HOPING IF SOMEONE COULD SPREAD SOME LIGHT...I HAVE BEEN SEEING ON THESE BOARDS THAT THE RAMADA INN AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT IS IN A BAD NEIGHBORHOOD AND NOT A GOOD HOTEL (IN FLL) IS THIS TRUE..I ALSO HEARD THAT IT HAD CLEANED UP ALOT AND WAS NEAR SOME NEW CONDO'S THAT HAD RECENTLY BEEN BUILT...IM STARTING TO GET NERVOUS..(I AM BOOKED FOR THAT HOTEL PRIOR TO 2-18-06 LIBERTY CRUISE):confused:

Try USA Ports may have answer there waiting. Good Luck

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=185

We stayed there for one night before our cruise in September. The room itself was ok and the breakfast that was included was not bad. It did take forever to check in though. We also asked for first floor since there is no elevator and they tried to give us a room on the second floor but I told them NO! Two girls with a week worth of luggage - no thanks. So they did give us first floor. Now here is the oddest thing - we checked in on 9/9. The room was held with MY credit card but my friend paid for the room with her card. After the fact I saw on my bill that they charged me and the charge was dated 9/8??? That I did not understand but the charge was taken off. One other note - it seemed to take forever to check out too so I would plan on checking out early. They have a little lobby where you can sit and wait if need be. As far as the neighborhood goes - no problems there. Just go and have fun but do not expect a 5 star hotel!

I HAVE BEEN SEEING ON THESE BOARDS THAT THE RAMADA INN AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT IS IN A BAD NEIGHBORHOOD AND NOT A GOOD HOTEL (IN FLL) IS THIS TRUE :confused:

First off, when you use your cap's it's the same as shouting.:confused:

To answer your question, yes it's in a bad neighborhood. It's on a heavily traveled truck route. The area rents rooms by the hour. Stay away, stay far, far away. This is not where you want to begin your vacation. If you have reservations, cancel now. :eek:

To answer your question, yes it's in a bad neighborhood. It's on a heavily traveled truck route. The area rents rooms by the hour. Stay away, stay far, far away. This is not where you want to begin your vacation. If you have reservations, cancel now. :eek:

Bequia---Thank you for the info--about the caps.....Ithought I was in an area where adults talk...not kids...my 10 year old worries about those things...hmmmm how old are you?

Bequia---Thank you for the info--about the caps.....I thought I was in an area where adults talk...not kids...my 10 year old worries about those things...hmmmm how old are you?

Bequia---Thank you for the info--about the caps.....I thought I was in an area where adults talk...not kids...my 10 year old worries about those things...hmmmm how old are you?

Hmmm, yourself! Bequia, a very respected and long time member of these boards, was trying to give you some sound, friendly advice, both about the manner in which you posted and about the hotel in question.

Your response effectively shows your immaturity, both in acceptable online manners and in accepting online suggestions. People on these boards have long memories and may be a little reluctant to share information with you in the future.

I asked a simple question...just because I forgot to take my caps lock off...I didnt need reminded how appropriate online manners are..I know this..I have been on the internet for many years now....I noticed it fast after I posted but figured it was just a quick post and question and did not figure it to be a problem....as far as you calling me immature...just the fact that you got involved in this pretty much tells me about you!

Bequia---I met no disrespect...I really did appreciate the info you gave me---again thank-you! I have noticed on some of these boards that some people like to flame others just because...I felt that is what you were doing to me...If not...im sorrry.

We stayed there one night after our last cruise, it was kind "icky" for lack of a better word, the bed linens were damp, like they had been put on the beds before they were dry, the bathrooms were old and the toilet clogged everytime you used it, we waited forever for the shuttle to pick us up, we had to take a cab to McDonalds because there was nothing within walking distance, oh yea and the best part my husband did get approached by a "lady" who offered to show him a good time, (which was kind of funny since we got it on tape) but not an area i'd recomend if you can find someplace else!

wpd805....We stayed there last Feb. precruise and would not stay again. Nothing too bad but very overpriced for the area and quality. We are staying at Amerisuites on the 17th St causway this year and got the room for $99 with http://www.valuetrips.com. You may want to give them a try. They will pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the cruise port if you are interested. Hope this helps!

wpd805....We stayed there last Feb. precruise and would not stay again. Nothing too bad but very overpriced for the area and quality. We are staying at Amerisuites on the 17th St causway this year and got the room for $99 with http://www.valuetrips.com. You may want to give them a try. They will pick you up at the airport and deliver you to the cruise port if you are interested. You may be limited with the time frame you are traveling so good luck! Hope this helps!

I hope you can cancel your reservation. We made the mistake of staying at the Ramada Inn once and it was awful. I wouldn't stay there again if the room were free. Another excellent choice (actually it is our first choice if just for one night) is the Holiday Inn Express. It is newer, very clean, in a wonderful location, includes continental breakfast, free internet and the employees have always been very helpful.

Petlover: Which Holiday Inn Express did you stay at State Rd or 17th ST.? I hope it is State Rd. We are a group booked there in Jan '06. If it is really a bad area I will never hear the end of it:(. But there was no availability on 17th ST. So...........:)

The only one we've stayed at in FLL was the Holiday Inn Express 1500 S.E. 17th St. I'm not familiar with the one on State Rd. but I'm sure it will be fine. We've stayed at quite a few of the H.I.Ex around the USA and always had good luck. (They're just like Marriott Courtyards ).

Avoid ALL of the State Road 84 motels... It's a NASTY, unsafe area you do NOT want to be in! You want the Holiday Inn Express "CONVENTION CENTER" on SE 17th Street... The other one, on SR 84, is in a nasty location, much farther from the airport and port and it's not safe to walk around in that area, especially at night. There isn't much to walk to anyway.

GLCAS - If the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th is full on your dates you might try the Extended Stay America on SE 17th Street. It's right next door to the Holiday Inn Express on SE 17th Street, and is just as nice if not nicer! The SE 17th Street area is where you want to be, NOT State Road 84! :eek:

If you want an inexpensive hotel try these along SE 17th Street. That's the best area for cruisers to stay in as it's less than 10 minutes from FLL, just outside the entrance to the port and has dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores as well as the Water Taxi all within safe, easy walking distance...

Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center"... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

AmeriSuites is cheaper on Valuetrips... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Archived