Please help!! Lost ring

Just to add on to a resurrected thread... how often do you think people actually recover items left behind on the ship?

Not Royal, but I sailed on a Princess cruise in July to Alaska, with a 4-day land portion preceding the cruise.

My wife lost her Bose noise-canceling headphones, which we didn't notice until we packed up on disembarkation day. When I got home, I entered it into their online lost and found system, and called every hotel/lodge we stayed at to speak to their lost and found people.

For two weeks, I kept getting "we're still working on it" messages, and then one day they sent a picture of it to me to verify. I was shocked that they found it.

I guess it had to go from the ship/lodge/train in Alaska to Princess Headquarters in southern California before they alerted me that they found it, so I could pay for shipping it back to me. I never did find out where, exactly, they found it.

Steve S

I realize this is an old thread, but how exactly was it harsh and to whom? No one has any clue who these women were and no one was injured by the poster stating what she did. Yes, she assumed, but to say it was "harsh" is strange. No one was actually accused of anything since there's no way to say who they were.

Okay I appreciate the women didn’t know that the OP assumed they were thieves, but it seems a bit of a strange conclusion to come to just because she saw someone pick something up off the floor! It might have been something the woman herself had dropped!

• 6 months later...

Just off the Brilliance. Found a white and yellow gold ring in the Schooner Bar. Very pretty, but didn't look to be super valuable. Took it to Guest Services and they wrapped it and said they would send it to Lost & Found. Said they sometimes mail after the cruise if asked. I did wonder where it would end up?!!

On a side note, I left my best bathing suit hanging behind the door in my cabin. No hope for that I guess! :classic_unsure:

Is there a lost and found thread on the main page of RC?  That may be a good place to put one...  Lot's of people lose and/or forget things and unfortunately, there are some that will not do the right thing - but there are lots who will!!

Can a Mod create a lost and found thread and pin it to the top?  We have one for Cabin reviews and such, we should have one for this as well.   Just my 2 cents.