The future of RCCL in Baltimore

Actually, there are many direct flights from PHL, ATL, LGA, JFK, CLT plus we are within a 3 hour drive of the huge metro DC population in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. Plus, we have hundreds of thousands of people who vacation in Vrginia Beach every year who could easily combine that with a cruise vacation.

Most every cruise that Carnival has done out of her over the past several years has been fully booked.

With proper promotion, it could be done well to the benefit of both the cruise line and our area.

3 hours? 3 HOURS from the D.C. Area? I drive to Richmond quite often from Annapolis. Three hours to VA Beach is fantasyland, it's taken me over 4-1/2 hours many times just to get to Richmond. I'll take the boat trip down the Chesapeake over driving the same route down 95, any day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours? 3 HOURS from the D.C. Area? I drive to Richmond quite often from Annapolis. Three hours to VA Beach is fantasyland, it's taken me over 4-1/2 hours many times just to get to Richmond. I'll take the boat trip down the Chesapeake over driving the same route down 95, any day of the week.

It takes us three hours to get there...

It takes us three hours to get there...

Currently 3 hours 19 minutes from Springfield, 4 hours 27 minutes from where I'm sitting, according to Waze. I'd rather drive to BWI (25 minutes) and fly to FLL and get on a ship there... it would certainly take me less time than driving to Norfolk. And probably cheaper.

Currently 3 hours 19 minutes from Springfield, 4 hours 27 minutes from where I'm sitting, according to Waze. I'd rather drive to BWI (25 minutes) and fly to FLL and get on a ship there... it would certainly take me less time than driving to Norfolk. And probably cheaper.

Amen to that. No way would I chance driving from DC to Norfolk on a Saturday morning to board a ship that afternoon. Too much aggravation.

The way I prefer to go to Virginia Beach from Annapolis is US 50 east to US 13 south. You miss all of the traffic (unless it's a Friday night or Saturday morning in the summer) and it's some nice scenery. That route has never taken me more than 4 hours.

I'd rather go to Baltimore, from the DC area, than Norfolk. At least Baltimore only an hour, the place is right by the highway and I personally like the parking. It's close.

Agree. The Port of Baltimore is a little more than one hour from Northern Virginia. Very easy to get to, and parking is close to the cruise terminal.