Live from Enchantment!!!

ntsurf

We are in route to Key West, with a little rocking of seas this evening. Not sure if it is left over rough seas from Gamma, or not, but we do seem to be rocking more than expected.

Everything has been great so far. Would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

I am using the new WiFi on my lap top and it works great. Actually pretty quick. Much quicker than I expected.

Will be communicating with my office for the next couple of days, so I will check back to see if I can help anyone out with questions.

We are in route to Key West, with a little rocking of seas this evening. Not sure if it is left over rough seas from Gamma, or not, but we do seem to be rocking more than expected.

Everything has been great so far. Would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

I am using the new WiFi on my lap top and it works great. Actually pretty quick. Much quicker than I expected.

Will be communicating with my office for the next couple of days, so I will check back to see if I can help anyone out with questions.

I think by this time tomorrow, you'll think the seas were calm last night. Looking at the wave charts, it looks like you'll be heading into 9-10 ft. seas,(as of this moment) taking them on the beam.(from the starboard side) Not to upset you, just thought you'd like to know. Also, I didn't think the stats on the in cabin TV were that accurate last week.(as far as wind and wave action go) It would say seas 1.5-4 ft., and I would look at the charts online and see 5-6 ft. We did have a pretty smooth trip overall though.

Get the Dramamine out...:o

WAVE000.GIF

was on the october 15 and 20th sailings - hope you're enjoying the ship!!! if you get to the champagne bar, look for maria and mersi - pool bar, look for ambroz and aldolfo - viking crown, look for jose - schooner bar, look for adolfo and ceaser - tell them all jane says hi - they will take great care of you!!! enjoy the trip and let us all know how it's going!!!!

Thanks for the weather info---we actually have dealt with 12 foot seas and lots of sea sick passengers today!! We were not able to dock in Key West due to 40 mile an hour winds and it seems as if we are just starting to settle down.

Dinner was a little easier to bear tonight, at least we could keep the water in the glasses!! So far our group has been very lucky. Lots of Dramamine and we are still enjoying our trip.

We left for Cozumel this morning since we were unable to dock in Key West and will tender in tomorrow morning a little earlier than planned according to the captain.

Plan to let everyone know about Cozumel and our experience there.

Will be back on soon.

Forgot to mention the saddest part of the day. Picked my 8 y.o. dd up today in AO and the walls were lined with 3 to 8 year olds with plastic bags in front of their faces, just waiting for mom and dad to come rescue them. AO is on the 10th deck and boy was it rocking today!!!

Luckily my dd doesn't get motion sick at all and still enjoyed her time there, but I sure did feel for all those sick little ones!!

Forgot to mention the saddest part of the day. Picked my 8 y.o. dd up today in AO and the walls were lined with 3 to 8 year olds with plastic bags in front of their faces, just waiting for mom and dad to come rescue them. AO is on the 10th deck and boy was it rocking today!!!

Luckily my dd doesn't get motion sick at all and still enjoyed her time there, but I sure did feel for all those sick little ones!!

Ah, that's too bad. I feel for all of you. The graphic above is live, and will be updating, and it does seem to be calming down a bit. It's usually pretty accurate too. Keep in touch. :)

Thats good news because I would hate for the whole family to get sick on their first cruise or have horrible weather. I keep forgetting I have no control over mother nature. But one of the reasons we booked in Feb was because in January and Febuary seems to be good months. Hurricane season is over and it is before spring break when the ships will be filled up with kids.

Arrived home about 1:30 am this morning and just caught up on wash and got the kids to bed.

The trip ended up being wonderful. After that last rough day we had a blast.

We did Cozumel on our own. Waved a taxi and headed out to Paradise Beach. It was wonderful. A beautiful day and my girls were a perfect age for the water toys and water. They loved everything about it. The food was WONDERFUL and the $12 bucket of Dos Equis weren't too bad either!! Later in the afternoon we took the taxi to down town and did some shopping. The locals were very entertaining with dancing and singing. DDs got their hair braided and we headed back to the ship.

We didn't do an excursion in Belize. Just took the tender in to shop. Found the prices higher than Cozumel and bargaining was not the method of trade there. The day was beautiful and we headed back to the ship.

Our last day at sea was probably the most beautiful of all. That evening was the night the ship had to do a 360 and rescue some Cuban rafters. There were four and they a had been on the seas for 5 days on an 8 foot raft. That was pretty exciting. I can't imagine what it was like for them in those winds and waves earlier in the week.

As for the ship, everything was beautiful. It is unbelievabley well maintained and service was excellent. Attended all the shows, they were very entertaining. Even the children enjoyed them.

Oh--on this cruise we actually had OVER 680 CHILDREN!!! For my kids it was great. Of course there were the families who did not watch their kids, keep up with their kids, or teach them any manners....oh well. We didn't let it ruin our trip.

Food was so so. We ate in the dining room for every dinner except one. If I had any complaints on this sailing, it was probably the service in the dining room. Not that it was a wide spread problem, but we didn't enjoy our waiter or assistant waiter. Had to ask several times for simple things, such as drinks!

Cabin steward was great and the kids loved them. He left them extra chocolates every night and always impressed them with their towel animals.

Overall I would give them an A+!

Archived