Grand Princess

mc13murray

Things I like:

Large selection of cabin types, generally good to excellent service, wraparound promenade deck, beautiful pools, adults-only pool, excellent theatre, simple layout, the view from Skywalkers, the view from atop the bridge

Dislikes:

Central stairs not accessible to passengers above deck 7, photo area gets very crowded at times, slow elevators.

Completed:
Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

My favorite area is the Terrace Pool area. Close to the Horizon Ct, its own bar, and a beautiful view of the wake. Its also less crowed than the main pools.

The best location on the ship.

My favorite spot is the walking/jogging track, high up on the top of the ship and overlooking the main pool. The views of the ocean are fabulous, it's always pretty cool due to the breeze, and you can go around as fast or as slowly as you choose. A great spot to work off all those meals and enjoy the scenery, too!

Her interior finish, especially in the Atrium is not nearly as pretty as her sisters Golden and Star. Also the central elevator/stair area was a huge design mistake corrected on her sisters.

Cruisin' Chris

Plus one more later in 04 or Q1 05!!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2005;5;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000[/img]  5/9/04 Golden Princess Transatlantic

<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

Things i liked : The aft pool area, the view from Skywalkers, the guacamole and chips served at the Horizon court everyday from 3:30 - 5:30, the Promenade deck going to the very front of the ship.

Can't really think of anything I didn't like.

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Central stairs not accessible to passengers above deck 7 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is Deck 7? We'll ber center ship on Caribe & on Aloha. Can't we get to Lido without going forward or aft to the stairs - or using the elevator? That's a BUMMER! Center stairs are shown in all the deck plans I've seen.

Julie

Deck 7 is the Promenade deck. For some reason, that stairwell is closed to passengers above Deck 7. Unless, of course, it's been changed since last September. It is open to passengers on the Golden.

Completed:
Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

My favorite is the aft pool. Quiet, no kids, and great views of the wake.

7/1989-Big Red Boat-Bahamas
6/1994-Regal Princess-Alaska
7/1996-RCL-Bermuda
4/1998-Sun Princess-Western Caribbean
7/2000-Grand Princess-Mediterranean
4/2001-Ocean Princess-Southern Caribbean
7/2004-Royal Princess-Norwegian Fjords

The aft pool was great, as many others mentioned. The drink of the day special was a great deal, if you like tropical drinks. We thought that the filet at the Painted desert restaurant was so good we went twice each cruise. It was only $8/pp and included a Margarita (they would substiture wine if we asked). The personal choice dining was great, but may not be good for 1st time cruisers.
Have a blast. If you are a wine lover, you can bring your own wine to dinner for a $10 corkage fee. They have Reidel glassware, if you make friends with the maitre'd he can get it for you.
Have a great time, we sure did!

Stan & Pam

RCCL Song of America, ‘89
American Hawaii Constitution, ‘90
Windstar Wind Star, 4/14/91
Colombaio, 9/91
RCCL Song of America
Celebrity Zenith, ‘92
NCL Norway, 4/3/93
Celebrity Horizon, 10/30/93
RCCL Viking Serenade, 7/8/94
Holland America Westerdam, 6/17/95
Carnival Sensation, 7/28/96
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas, 8/9/97
Carnival Paradise, 8/22/99
Clipper Yorktown, 10/13/01
Grand Princess, 8/18/02
Grand Princess, 9/7/03
Tahitian Princess, 6/26/04
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;26;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img] Tahitian Princess sets sail

We loved everything but especially:
the fresh water pools
pool & hot tub open 24hrs
personal choice dining
the caribbean night deck party

We cruised RCI last year and loved it too but these things brought us back this year when the prices were similar.

Next up - Grand Princess 11-08-04

Explorer of the Seas 8/30/03
Grand Princess 9/1/02

Archived