Vegetarian menu in the Verandah

HelloKittysMum

It will be my dad's birthday while we are on QM2 in August and he has said he will book the Verandah for dinner (it is a port day). The potential problem is that since our last cruise my now 16 year old daughter is vegetarian (and quite a fussy one (incl no spicy food) at that). I know there is a vegetarian menu available for pre-order (only just found this out) so my question is would we be able to order from this for our daughter. Fortunately out 18 year old son is much more adventurous with his eating So the rest if us would be happy with the Verandah menu.

There is always a vegetarian option in the Verandah but I don't know if you can order from the general vegetarian menu because we have never thought the Verandah worth the extra cost, to have either it's vegetarian option or the same vegetarian food as in Princes Grill. You seem to equate being vegetarian with being unadventurous; some of us are vegetarian because we think it's the right thing from an ethical viewpoint not because we are fussy or unadventurous.

It will be my dad's birthday while we are on QM2 in August and he has said he will book the Verandah for dinner (it is a port day). The potential problem is that since our last cruise my now 16 year old daughter is vegetarian (and quite a fussy one (incl no spicy food) at that). I know there is a vegetarian menu available for pre-order (only just found this out) so my question is would we be able to order from this for our daughter. Fortunately out 18 year old son is much more adventurous with his eating So the rest if us would be happy with the Verandah menu.

First of all: happy B-Day to your dad in advance.

Nice of him to offer to treat the family for dinner in the Veran$a, but maybe (considering the different food preferences), the birthday celebration could be held on one of the "pop up" nights in Kings Court . We were very much surprised at the improvement in that dining area. Nice accommodations for groups dining together. I didn't care for the food, but everything else was lovely :)

You seem to equate being vegetarian with being unadventurous; some of us are vegetarian because we think it's the right thing from an ethical viewpoint not because we are fussy or unadventurous.

Thank you for making this point. I've been a vegetarian for 27 years and have been quite adventurous, especially when traveling and living in countries where vegetarianism isn't as common as it is in the US and the UK.

Thank you for making this point. I've been a vegetarian for 27 years and have been quite adventurous, especially when traveling and living in countries where vegetarianism isn't as common as it is in the US and the UK.

I am not equating being vegetarian with being fussy. I merely said my daughter is vegetarian AND fussy. She doesn't do spicy food and is not adventurous. She is vegetarian for ethical reasons and I don't have a problem with that. But given a lot of vegetarian options involve spicy food it is problematic if you don't like anything spicy. When we were in Thailand and China last summer her diet was very limited (but she thrives in Greece) because it suits her taste.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app