Empress of the Seas and 24 hr pizza

Someone just posted an interesting question.....pizza & ice cream late at night.

I too am curious if that is available...particularly the pizza. We have sailed on Princess, had it one year and it was no longer available the next...we have sailed Carnival and it was available as well.....Celebrity had nothing available ever...just a very bland room service, like ham & cheese sandwich...it has been awhile since we sailed with Royal Caribbean and have never sailed with the kids on her.

I am particularly interested in the Empress of the Seas.....we are travelling with 4 teenagers and I know we will never fill them up. At home they will have a bedtime snack still. And it isn't just a glass of milk and a few cookies.

Is there a place that has pizza or hamburgers or hotdogs available late at night...these kids will probably play board games in there rooms after curfew and will be looking for munchies. Typical room service meals just don't seem to cut it with teens....Even though they eat healthy throughout the day at the 3 major meals, they still want their junk food fix.

Anyone know if Empress has something available?

Robin

Sorry to disappoint you all but when we were on in may I don't recall there EVEN being pizza available or hamburgs and hotdogs. We had 5 teens w/ us and honestly don't remember them even looking for it. They don't have a Sorrentos or Johnny rockets on that ship. I think that the only things available were room service and what they had for the midnight buffet. I think they only had pizza in Windjammer during their lunch & possible dinner hours. I know for sure during lunch, but I never went there @ dinner time so I don't know what they offer then. It is a smaller ship and has less to offer than the larger ships. But they did have soft serve ice cream by the pool :) And we had a really good time!

OK - I can accept the fact that the ship might not have pizza (even though I am addicted to it but I thought the pizza on the Caribbean Princess was bad but I lived) but no hamburgers or hot dogs??? That is odd. Thanks for the info though!!!! :)

OH! Is there a chocolate buffet???

I have not been on Empress, however we sailed on Grandeur which is a smaller ship. Our kids found that they had Pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers and fries available in the solarium in the evening. (like 10 pm to 1 am) something like that. So I bet they do the same on Empress. We love the smaller ships. We plan to sail on Empress this summer. Good luck to you.

I love the Empress, but there is no solarium and there is no hamburger/hot dog/ pizza "stand" (if you will) on the ship. It would be nice, but no go. They DO have all the above in the Windjammer often for lunch, and I am never there for dinner, so don't know that one.

Room service is very good and efficient. I can't remember if choc milk was on the menu, but I'm sure milk would be.....and cookies :-) And YES they have a chocolate buffet!!

By the way.....try Portofinos.....the Empress received an award as the best Portofinos in the fleet! And it was well worth the money for the extremely wonderful experience.

It's a small ship but big on personality!

If there is no pizza, hot dog, hamburger...oh let's just call it what it really is....junk food stand for teens....What is available on the room service menu?

My 4 teens are curfewed at a certain hour and will have to be in their cabin. I just discussed with them the fact that there is no 24 hour pizza, so their next question was "what can we eat after we get back at night?"

Does anyone have any idea what the room service menu looks like?

Thanks for your help

Robin

Hi Robin,

Suzy B here from our thread. Tell the kids to go to the “Pool Bar” on deck 10 to get the hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, etc. ;) They are open late - after midnight – in case you & Larry get the munchies. (Hours are posted in Cruise Compass magazine in your room.) They can make a pit stop there before going to their stateroom for the night.

Hamburgers are made to order, so they need to arrive early enough to place their order & get back before curfew. If there’s not a line, allow at least 15 - 20 mins. for them to cook a batch of burgers.

Hope you all have a safe flight down from Canada! See ya Monday!

Take care,

Suzy B

Archived