WiFi in Bermuda

jaee901

Yep there are tons of cafes and places around, I managed to get free wifi and check my emails etc.

Not sure if any of it would be good enough for making phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

Are there places with WiFi in Bermuda? Are you able to text and make calls from your phone without humongous roaming fees or charges?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are places with WiFi but not many with free WiFi. Frog and Onion at the Dockyard is one.

If you want to make calls and texts without large roaming fees and charges I suggest checking with your cell phone provider for their international roaming plans. Recently they have come down to earth. AT&T AND Verizon offer unlimited International Day Passes for $10 a day if you have the right plan. Next time in Bermuda I will use the. AT&T day pass. T-Mobile is well known for their International Roaming. Sprint I would expect has something too.

We have Verizon and added the international plan called TravelPass to our phones for our upcoming Bermuda cruise. For $10 per day you get to use the minutes, data, etc. from your regular plan in that country. You are only charged for the days you use it.

We used the Library in Hamilton. It was a great place to stop on a hot day. No one gave us a hard time and we sat and relaxed.

I used the Library when I was on ships docked in Hamilton. It was slow and half the ships crew was camped out outside using it. But hardly ever when docked at the Dockyard. In that case I might be in Hamilton only a few hours the whole three days. I actually used the free wifi more at Flanagan's when in Hamilton going there from the Dockyard. Also then the cell carriers had enormous roaming charges. Now with the $10 a day passes those days are over for me. I don't mind paying $30 to have voice, text and data everywhere in Bermuda for three days. And it will be more secure than a WiFi hotspot.

We have Verizon and added the international plan called TravelPass to our phones for our upcoming Bermuda cruise. For $10 per day you get to use the minutes, data, etc. from your regular plan in that country. You are only charged for the days you use it.

One clarification of Verizon's TravelPass plan...

It is for a 24 period, so if you only start to use it at noon on day 1, it's good until noon of day 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got back from Bermuda on Sunday.

I wanted to buy the three day wifi but was told it has been discontinued. Perhaps this was true only at Dockyard, but this is the only place I asked.

At the main visitors centre at dockyard you can log in and get 1 hour of free wifi.

Also if you purchase something for 5 dollars at the gift shop within the visitors centre (right outside where the ship is docked), they will type in their wifi password on your device and you can use that while in port. Note that the signal was only strong if you stayed within the building.

We also found free wifi at Washington Mall in Hamilton (across from the bus station).

At all these locations, the wifi signal was strong enough to make calls over Skype which is what we wanted.