Wifi Social package on Divina

mysticbluebmw

My daughter wants to use Instagram mostly as well as a little Facebook while onboard the Divina. The social package says she can post pictures, but no video/audio, but does that mean the small videos other people post on Instagram and Facebook will be blocked and she won't be able to view them? I told her they would be, but thought someone here may know for sure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I called about this package because I am in a similar situation with my daughter and Instagram lol. What they told me was that your assumption is basically correct. One device can use WiFi for any apps (surprisingly including Verizon Messages and iMessage) but no audio or video (Facetime or Skype, etc) or web browsing. Plus, they said no viewing audio or video from the apps. Seems like a good deal for the social media and also keeping up with family via WiFi texting and sending pictures.

How much does the social package cost? I'll be on the Divina for Christmas and New Years and want to be able to use Facebook to chat with friends and family and post pictures for sure. I don't need audio or video so not having those is fine with me. I always like to be able to use Facebook on a cruise so when a cruise line makes it easy to do that, awesome!! :D I'll be on an 11 Day cruise if that makes a difference to the cost.

I called about this package because I am in a similar situation with my daughter and Instagram lol. What they told me was that your assumption is basically correct. One device can use WiFi for any apps (surprisingly including Verizon Messages and iMessage) but no audio or video (Facetime or Skype, etc) or web browsing. Plus, they said no viewing audio or video from the apps. Seems like a good deal for the social media and also keeping up with family via WiFi texting and sending pictures.

Thanks for the confirmation. She wasn't too thrilled when I told her the first time she wouldn't be able to view any videos. I suppose I can always have her 'earn' a streamer package...I have lots of chores she could do, lol.

How much does the social package cost? I'll be on the Divina for Christmas and New Years and want to be able to use Facebook to chat with friends and family and post pictures for sure. I don't need audio or video so not having those is fine with me. I always like to be able to use Facebook on a cruise so when a cruise line makes it easy to do that, awesome!! :D I'll be on an 11 Day cruise if that makes a difference to the cost.

For a 7 day cruise, the price is only 19.90 USD. I'm not sure what the package would cost on an 11 day cruise.

For a 7 day cruise, the price is only 19.90 USD. I'm not sure what the package would cost on an 11 day cruise.

Thanks!! :D For a 7 day cruise, is that $19.90 for the whole cruise or per day? If it's per day, I'm guessing it's the same for an 11 day cruise, if not it's probably different (although that would be awesome if it was that price regardless of how long the cruise is).

It's 19.90 for the week, I bought that for my husband and myself when we were on the Divina for Christmas. Paid for 2 pkgs. 1 device each. I was fine with it. Used Facebook to communicate with friends & family. My husband would have preferred surfing news & stocks . We bought a different pkg for on the Meraviglia in October