Your Time dining

I was wondering about your time dining. We are going as a group of 8 on an Alaska cruise next year. 6:00 is too early for us to eat, but 8:15 is too late, so we were considering doing the flexible dining option. Does anyone know if we can make reservations ahead of time? Also, there is some confusion over dinner times. Our reservation says 8:15, but the website says the late dining on Alaska cruises is 7:45. 7:45 isn't too bad but the early time is 5:30!

Thanks,

Delilah

From my experience if you're going with a large group, I'd go with a set time, and bite the bullet either way. I use ATD every cruise last year we had a group of 7, instead of our normal four and encountered some waiting. With four there was never a wait

You can not make a reservation for YTD.

On my two previous Alaska cruises the earlier times were in effect. I don't know why as we had booked YTD for our group of 8 and it worked well. The Spirit class ship has some lovely long tables in the aft of the dining room. This worked well for us.

We also enjoyed the YTD format with the large group because sometime some of the gang wished to eat earlier than others. We were able to be accommodated.

I was wondering about your time dining. We are going as a group of 8 on an Alaska cruise next year. 6:00 is too early for us to eat, but 8:15 is too late, so we were considering doing the flexible dining option. Does anyone know if we can make reservations ahead of time? Also, there is some confusion over dinner times. Our reservation says 8:15, but the website says the late dining on Alaska cruises is 7:45. 7:45 isn't too bad but the early time is 5:30!

Thanks,

Delilah

You can not make reservations for YTD. It's like a land restaurant - you show up when your ready. They will seat you as soon as a table is available.

A group of 8 could prove to be difficult for YTD - especially if there are other large groups. Most of the table for YTD are for smaller groups. So it could be a wait for a table large enough for your group - it just depends on when you go.

Yup....a large group is harder to work in using Any Time. Either choose the sub par options or be prepared to check-in at the dining room and enjoy a drink at the nearby bar for a few minutes until you are called. There will be a wait but I would guess no longer than 15-20 minutes worst case.

It's anything like my California repositions.... large groups will queue up for YTD dining 30 to 60 minutes before the trough opens.

If you want to sit together... near a window.... make friends at the front of the line. Not quite what I was expecting for a relaxing vacation.

Another option is to show up 45 minutes before they close to avoid the lines.

We did YTD with a family of 5 on Miracle. We'd just rock up to the maitre-d and either go right in or be given one of those wireless pagers if nothing was ready. In that case we'd just head over to Alchemy and smack a couple of martinis onto Cheers. It never seemed a bad thing or a long wait!

Can anyone else confirm seating times on Alaska cruises?

FAQ dining questions/answers say Alaska dining times are 5:30 and 7:45 as opposed to 6:00 and 8:15.

Thanks...

I just got off the Legend's first Alaska sailing. I checked my Funtimes and the set dining times were indeed 5:30 and 7:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Pride and we were a group of six and used your time dining. We went to the restaurant three times during the cruise and always got seated instantly. I don't care for the set time because of the long line to wait to get in at that time. We did ytd in between the two set times. No problems