Tulum/Xel-Ha Combination Excursion

wxy017

I'll be sailing on Royal Caribbean this December and it'll be my first time to Cozumel. My boyfriend and I are interested in both snorkeling and visiting the Tulum ruins while we're there (from 10am - 8pm).

Any opinions and advice from others about how enjoyable this combination is? Or would you recommend just doing one of the two activities? Also, any recommendations for private companies that offer this package for a better price than the cruise company?

Thanks so much!!

I'll be sailing on Royal Caribbean this December and it'll be my first time to Cozumel. My boyfriend and I are interested in both snorkeling and visiting the Tulum ruins while we're there (from 10am - 8pm).

Any opinions and advice from others about how enjoyable this combination is? Or would you recommend just doing one of the two activities? Also, any recommendations for private companies that offer this package for a better price than the cruise company?

Thanks so much!!

Tulum is worth a visit. Xel-Ha was crowded when we were there and is not known for good snorkeling.

Xel-Ha is located where salt water and fresh water meet and this creates a water cosistency that is not very clear. It is difficult to see clearly.

I would highly recommend this tour. We did the Tulum/Xelha tour when we sailed on Royal Caribbean last April. It was an awsome excursion & the gude was great but I do wish we could have had more time at both places, especially Xelha. We saw some really neat fish in the lagoon at Xelha, I would like to go back and spend an entire day there. I would not try to do this on your own from Cozumel. We were the very last excursion back and the ship left port as soon as everyone from are excursion boarded.

Archived