Important Century Question

DiMar

On the Century 9-night itinerary which has just started, are the late dining shows before dinner, after dinner, or both? We really need to know this information as soon as possible, because it impacts our dining time decision. I think that anyone who has just sailed would be able to let us know how this is now being done. I believe it might be different than the way it is normally handled on the regular 7-night runs. If it is a mix, please let me know how many are done each way. As usual, the people at Celebrity have no clue and the cruise critic people are always in the know! We appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

On the Century 9-night itinerary which has just started, are the late dining shows before dinner, after dinner, or both? We really need to know this information as soon as possible, because it impacts our dining time decision. I think that anyone who has just sailed would be able to let us know how this is now being done. I believe it might be different than the way it is normally handled on the regular 7-night runs. If it is a mix, please let me know how many are done each way. As usual, the people at Celebrity have no clue and the cruise critic people are always in the know! We appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

I have not cruised that particular itinerary, but on every Celebrity Cruise I have been on, some shows were before late dinner and some were after dinner.

to accommodate both dinner seating times.

Even though GENERALLY the main seating people will have their show after dinner, and the late seating will have their show before dinner, there are exceptions because of other special affairs such as the Captain's welcome etc.

If your late seating table likes to close down the place, you may have to rush to get a seat at a show, whereas the early seating knows it HAS to vacate for the second seating and therefore will not possibly miss a show. Even so, you might have to skip lingering coffee and brandy.

Thank you, Chessbriar. I have another question for you...Celebrity claims that late diners always see their shows AFTER dinner. YOU say that late dining will yield a mix of before and after dinner shows. We hate that arrangement and now are seriously considering early dining to avoid this. Please help me with this conflicting information...any detail you can provide me will be a tremendous help. Also, did Celebrity do away with the midnight buffets or do they still exist? I heard that they only do them a couple of nights. If that is the case, I am relunctant to take early dining and then get hungry by 2am when I am up gambling.

No matter which Celebrity ship I've been on I've found it to be a mixture of before and after dinner shows with late seating for dinner.

As for midnight buffets, they still do the grand buffet and maybe 1 other during the cruise but mostly they've switched to gourmet bites, which is waiters circulating throughout the public areas with trays of hors dourves.

Terri

It appears that with the exception of production shows, Celebrity has gone to pre-dinner shows fleetwide for late-seating passengers. This is the one major complaint we have after 20+ cruises on Celebrity. We choose late seating because we don't want to rush back to our cabin to get ready for an early dinner. With late-seating pre-dinner shows at 7pm, we miss all the entertainment other than the formal night production shows. Maybe Celebrity will re-think its decision re pre-dinner shows if enough late-seating loyal X passengers voice their objection.

Thank you, Chessbriar. I have another question for you...Celebrity claims that late diners always see their shows AFTER dinner. YOU say that late dining will yield a mix of before and after dinner shows. We hate that arrangement and now are seriously considering early dining to avoid this. Please help me with this conflicting information...any detail you can provide me will be a tremendous help. Also, did Celebrity do away with the midnight buffets or do they still exist? I heard that they only do them a couple of nights. If that is the case, I am relunctant to take early dining and then get hungry by 2am when I am up gambling.

They do have a mix of before and after dinner show. The only nights with actual midnight buffets will be the night of the deck party and the last formal night, Gala Buffet.

The remaining nights starting about 11:30 waiters will be out and about with appetizers.

I hope this helps

Archived