Harvest Caye Pool Cabana Questions

SAPMAN

I have a Pool Cabana.

I see they say 4 people and I believe they give 4 wristbands. Do they police this strictly or is it possible for a child or two to join us in or very near the cabana when they are not in pool? Can you move regular pool chairs up near (not inside) the cabana.

How did you get assigned the actual cabana? Can you go to Shore Excursions on ship and will they give you the one you want (location nearest the beach) if available?

Any other info on pool cabanas? Thanks so much!

Hoping someone can comment since we have one in 2 weeks. There are actually 9 of us but likely to only be 3 in it at a time....with what they charge it seems absurd to police and allow only 4 to sit there at once. My mother in law wants it for shade and to be close to the grandkids who will be in the pool. They appear to have seating for 6. I'm sort of annoyed at the whole issue of Harvest Cay and so few options in Belize now, and I know many others are too...hoping to at least enjoy a day by the pool without being more annoyed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hoping someone can comment since we have one in 2 weeks. There are actually 9 of us but likely to only be 3 in it at a time....with what they charge it seems absurd to police and allow only 4 to sit there at once. My mother in law wants it for shade and to be close to the grandkids who will be in the pool. They appear to have seating for 6. I'm sort of annoyed at the whole issue of Harvest Cay and so few options in Belize now, and I know many others are too...hoping to at least enjoy a day by the pool without being more annoyed.

How was the Pool Cabana? Did you think it was worth it?

When we went to HC the pool cabanas were 100% empty. WAY more regular chairs than were needed for people not using the cabanas. I think there are more recliners on the beach than the capacity of the island plus there are a huge number of clam shells. In our opinion the pool cabanas were way over priced and 100% unneeded.

Did you experience the pool cabana? I am looking for first hand knowledge. Reports are mixed at the crowd levels at HC. The smaller ships seem to be fine. The mega ships during peak times say otherwise.

We are going in August, so I am expecting full ship on the Escape. Our last Caribbean cruise was also in August, and shade was a MUST for us.

Cost is not the main concern. If service and a nice spot is good, I will do it.

We went a couple months ago and got Cabana #4, it was definitely worth the money! The service was great and they definitely made it a VIP experience! I would highly recommend it to anyone! Security did keep an eye out to make sure there was nobody there that was not suppose to be but my daughter went to the pool and made some friends and they had no problem with her bringing them back to the cabana to hang out. I did a quick video I posted on youtube that can give you a quick look at it.

Did you experience the pool cabana? I am looking for first hand knowledge. Reports are mixed at the crowd levels at HC. The smaller ships seem to be fine. The mega ships during peak times say otherwise.

We are going in August, so I am expecting full ship on the Escape. Our last Caribbean cruise was also in August, and shade was a MUST for us.

Cost is not the main concern. If service and a nice spot is good, I will do it.

Overall it's a nice option, but terrible value. If cost is not an issue, and you want guaranteed chairs in a shady spot, and you are on a larger ship, then yes it's a nice option. We were on the Escape and by 11 there were no chairs by the pool anywhere. We were disappointed in the ants, no fans in pool cabana, and slow service for drinks and food. We were pleased with the beautiful pool and the cabana's proximity to it.

I posted a longer review of our whole day there around June 6 shortly after we returned form our crusie June 3.

Edited by cruising7
Additional info added