Uniworld Highlights of China & the Yangtze Luggage

TravelDoc01

People are limited to one checked bag per person according to the brochures. However, my wife and I had three between us, so one extra. What seemed to happen was our group, with the Airlines, was limited by poundage more than total numbers. So, for example, if people are limited to 50 lbs each and you have 30 people, we got 1500 pounds of luggage through. Kevin, our CD, would work the deal since some people had less heavy luggage. As people bought stuff along the way, that margin almost diminished to the point we barely got the extra suitcase on our last flight. In retrospect, I shouldn't have brought the extra suitcase. Keep it to one apiece.

People are limited to one checked bag per person according to the brochures. However, my wife and I had three between us, so one extra. What seemed to happen was our group, with the Airlines, was limited by poundage more than total numbers. So, for example, if people are limited to 50 lbs each and you have 30 people, we got 1500 pounds of luggage through. Kevin, our CD, would work the deal since some people had less heavy luggage. As people bought stuff along the way, that margin almost diminished to the point we barely got the extra suitcase on our last flight. In retrospect, I shouldn't have brought the extra suitcase. Keep it to one apiece.

Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ours was a small group of 8 people with a different company. One checked suitcase per person on all inside China airlines. An extra suitcase would have been permitted, but we would have had to pay extra for it on each of our 8 inner China flights. (4 week trip) If you are in a large group, you may or may not get away with what pinotlover describes.

The price for laundry on the Yangtze ship was reasonable and the washing service was excellent.

Ours was a small group of 8 people with a different company. One checked suitcase per person on all inside China airlines. An extra suitcase would have been permitted, but we would have had to pay extra for it on each of our 8 inner China flights. (4 week trip) If you are in a large group, you may or may not get away with what pinotlover describes.

The price for laundry on the Yangtze ship was reasonable and the washing service was excellent.

Thank you for the information. Appreciate the comment about the laundry on board the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk