Check in time for Juneau Whale Watch tour

blackjackz

About to book a tour with Juneau Whale Watch company. Our time in Juneau is 11AM to 9PM. Any idea if I can make the 11:30 tour check in? Or should I just go with the 12:30 check in time?

Thanks.

I would take the 12:30 tour.

I had emailed them about six weeks back or so - our ship, the HAL Eurodam arrives in port at 1pm and I asked if choosing the 1:30 tour time was realistic or not and Sue told me we should be fine.

After reading several reviews of the Eurodam, sounds like they have been arriving about an hour early, so we should be OK. .......

I had emailed them about six weeks back or so - our ship, the HAL Eurodam arrives in port at 1pm and I asked if choosing the 1:30 tour time was realistic or not and Sue told me we should be fine.

After reading several reviews of the Eurodam, sounds like they have been arriving about an hour early, so we should be OK. .......

From my experience in Alaska . The arrival time is usually the time that the first passenger start disembarking.

I would do the later whale watching excursion. It is an absolute zoo when first wave of passengers get off the ship. I would have nice leisurely lunch on the ship let all those who are in a big hurry go and then get off the ship. Been there and done that, not into big crowds anymore.

We're lucky - was told that the afternoon whale watch/Mendenhall Glacier tours start out at Mendenhall and then we are picked up at our leisure for whale watching. We plan on two hours to hike to Nugget Falls and Photo Point -hopefully it will settle down by then.

The only downside is that they have 24 and 49 passenger boats so not as intimate as some of the other tours and with 4 ships in port on our Juneau day......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums