February 2018 cruise on AOS canceled

I know things happen and its no one's fault but, we were a little disappointed that our cruise on 2/3/18 has been canceled because AOS will be behind in their redo. No big deal - but does anyone know why we couldn't choose from another week which offered the same itinerary and were only allowed a few choices that were price protected - I've tried to ask the redeployment department that contacted us about the cancellation - no idea why - I also called C & A and they didn't know and now I've sent two e-mails with no response for over a week. Any ideas why we couldn't choose the same itinerary that was cancelled - I checked and there were still rooms available but of course at an extremely higher cost.

If you are referring to trying to get on the 3/3 cruise with price protection, that was our first choice too. We were refused with no explanation except that it was not eligible for price protection. However, in the last few days, someone reported being able to get that cruise with price protection. They must have made a better argument than our travel agent.

Is this Anthem or Allure? AOS could be either. Just realized that there is also Adventure of the Seas.

Adventure is the ship that had cruises cancelled for dry dock in Jan/Feb 2018.