Haven't Cruised in 5 years. Sailing the Magic in Dec.

MotoChick9

Hello All,

The last time I cruised was in 2012, and am booked on the Magic this year in December. I've been researching as I am taking 3 first time cruisers and my elderly parents along. I am aware that embarkation day has changed (assigned times for check-in), but I've also seen chatter about new changes Carnival has made recently. Is there a link I'm missing or a place to find this information? I've seen a lot of talk about the dining experience changing (possible change of menu, and no linens on the tables unless it's formal night, pools) which is not an issue to me but would be nice to go through everything thoroughly.

Also, since it's been a while, I am currently booked in a balcony room that has an adjoining door. does anyone have any insight on if these rooms tend to be noisier or if there's a real problem with hearing the people next door through the door? I still have the option of moving rooms to one that doesn't have the adjoining door if this is a known problem.

Thank you all for the help on this. Some of it may sound silly, but it is much appreciated :)

Hey, MotoChick9! Welcome back! I've not sailed on the Magic but I have been on both of her sister ships, Breeze and Dream. The Breeze is my favorite ship so far so I believe you will thoroughly enjoy the Magic.

As for changes in the menu, I believe that took place last year, although some changes may have actually begun in 2015. We enjoyed the new menus when we sailed in September. A lot of the same items are there, they are just called something slightly different. The only time we had table cloths was on elegant nights but that wasn't an issue for us. They do bring a basket of various breads that they leave on the table which we liked and they also bring a carafe with iced water that they leave on the table, as well.

I believe we had an adjoining room (cove balcony) on the Dream in 2015 but I don't recall hearing anymore noise than you normally would (which is very little in our experience).

I hope this has helped answer some of your questions.

Happy Cruising!