Vow Renewal on Norwegian (NCL) going horribly wrong

pettums

Last year we booked a vow renewal on the Norwegian Dawn via the online system - we picked a data, paid the $499 and then waited to be contacted.

It is now 6 weeks to our sailing and we have heard nothing. Even worse they can't find our reservation in their system. Even worse when we try and call we keep on being told that we are calling the wrong department and get given another number and then that number tells us we are calling the wrong department and gives us another number. And this chain goes on until eventually we are given an invalid number and we have to start again.

Does anyone have any practical ideas about what we should do? What is something that should be joyful is turning into a very stressful and unpleasant experience.

I'm so sorry - has anyone else on this board found an email address for NCL? On other cruise lines, there is an email address for complaints after the cruise and I've sent pre cruise questions there and they've answered them. I'm so sorry and hope everything gets straightened out soon.

Hi Pettums, sorry to hear you are having problems with Norwegian. I am having a similar problem with hotel reservations for an Alaska cruise. There is a large group of us and we want to make sure we are in the same hotel and want to make plans for the evening. But, not knowing where we will be located we can't. The ones I am traveling with and my self for 2 weeks now have been given the run around and are told to call back the next day. No one can tell us anything. Our 1st night in anchorage is June 9th.

Here are my suggestions. I was told to try socialmedia@ncl.com. Although I sent them an email early this morning and have not heard from anyone. I also put something on the facebook page for Norwegian. And I also wrote a letter to the corporate office at 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126. None of it has brought me any luck, but it is worth a try for you. I will never book with Norwegian again. Good luck.

I would start with the credit card company at this point. Find the charge and see if there is a phone number there. You might also dispute the charge. This would get their attention!
It might get their attention, but most of all it will ensure that the OP does not get a vow renewal during their cruise… Which seems to be the opposite of what they want at this point.

Last year we booked a vow renewal on the Norwegian Dawn via the online system - we picked a data, paid the $499 and then waited to be contacted.

It is now 6 weeks to our sailing and we have heard nothing. Even worse they can't find our reservation in their system. Even worse when we try and call we keep on being told that we are calling the wrong department and get given another number and then that number tells us we are calling the wrong department and gives us another number. And this chain goes on until eventually we are given an invalid number and we have to start again.

Does anyone have any practical ideas about what we should do? What is something that should be joyful is turning into a very stressful and unpleasant experience.

For more details on Wedding Packages from Royal Ocean Events call

888-475-5511

or 604-940-1181

or email us at ncl@royalwed.com

My best friend got married on the Gem in April 2016 - they contacted her 30 days prior to the sail date to go over the details. I went to ncl.com and found this...hope it helps.

I would start with the credit card company at this point. Find the charge and see if there is a phone number there. You might also dispute the charge. This would get their attention!
This is what I would suggest as well.

Have you tried Guest Relations Prior to you cruise: 1.800.327.7030

Better news!

We have spent the day on call to credit card companies and many dead ends. It turns out the wedding folks don't handle vow renewals and it isn't quite clear who does.

However, our cruise consultant at NCL managed to book us the vow renewal through his system. His advice was never try to do anything like a vow renewal booking online. It seems somehow that it got lost.

So if you read this thread

1) Never book an NCL vow renewal online. If you get a confirmation of it being booked it is not really booked.

2) Get on the phone to NCL. Find a person. Get their name. Make them email you a confirmation.

Better news!

We have spent the day on call to credit card companies and many dead ends. It turns out the wedding folks don't handle vow renewals and it isn't quite clear who does.

However, our cruise consultant at NCL managed to book us the vow renewal through his system. His advice was never try to do anything like a vow renewal booking online. It seems somehow that it got lost.

So if you read this thread

1) Never book an NCL vow renewal online. If you get a confirmation of it being booked it is not really booked.

2) Get on the phone to NCL. Find a person. Get their name. Make them email you a confirmation.

Excellent recommendation! Best wishes on your vow renewal!