Soda Stickers - Available on Celebrity??

turquoisesea

I only began reading the Celebrity Board about 2 weeks ago when we booked a last minute January cruise on Infinity. :D I have not read anything about a Celebrity weekly soda sticker similar to those offered on other cruise lines. The $30 for 7 days we had on Princess this summer was a great deal. Does Celebrity do anything similar?

From Celebrity web site:

"What is Celebrity's soft-drink program?

Subject: Food and Beverage

Celebrity's soft-drink program has been established for all guests onboard to obtain soda drinks at a daily rate of $5.00 plus 15% gratuity.

The purchase of the package should be for the entire cruise and not on a daily basis. In the event the purchase of the package is not made on the first day of the cruise the guest will be charged for the remaining days of the cruise inclusive of the purchase day.

Packages are available for purchase in the Plaza Bar (Horizon), Harry's Bar (Zenith), and Cova Cafe (all other vessels). After the package has been purchased, a soda sticker will be placed on the guest's signature account card.

Guests with the CoCa-Cola stickers can obtain sodas from all bars throughout the ship and with exception of room service or the mini-bars. The sodas will only be served when the guest is present and one drink at a time.

In the event a guest loses their signature account card with the soda sticker, a new folio number has to be issued together with a new card and soda sticker."

On the Galaxy, 2 weeks ago, they no longer used stickers. You had to take your receipt for the charge to Guest Relations. They actually issued a new sign and sail card with the soda information printed right there for all to see. Guess they must have had people moving the stickers around. My DH got one on our second day. He did not lose on the deal.

On the Galaxy, 2 weeks ago, they no longer used stickers. You had to take your receipt for the charge to Guest Relations. They actually issued a new sign and sail card with the soda information printed right there for all to see. Guess they must have had people moving the stickers around. My DH got one on our second day. He did not lose on the deal.

If fleet wide bet that system won't last long unless their goal is to annoy the soda sticker users so much they don't buy them. Very dumb idea. I wonder what genious thought that one up. First, I can think of ten ways to easily share with that system. Second, think about all that extra work printing up all those receipts and then crediting them. I drink four sodas at dinner alone. Hope the beverage guy likes all that work. Add to that the absolute pain to carry all those receipts around with you.

Would be interested to hear from other recent cruisers about their experience with the sticker or new receipt system.

If fleet wide bet that system won't last long unless their goal is to annoy the soda sticker users so much they don't buy them. Very dumb idea. I wonder what genious thought that one up. First, I can think of ten ways to easily share with that system. Second, think about all that extra work printing up all those receipts and then crediting them. I drink four sodas at dinner alone. Hope the beverage guy likes all that work. Add to that the absolute pain to carry all those receipts around with you.

Would be interested to hear from other recent cruisers about their experience with the sticker or new receipt system.

Um, I think you didn't read the prior post very well. At most, one receipt is all it takes since they evidently reissue you a new card with the soda priv information printed directly on its face (vs. a simple sticker that can be moved about). Once you've paid your $5/day and received your card with the "embedded" information, they'd just credit back whatever was on that one receipt.

We were on the Connie on the 11/10 - 11/19 sailing. The system worked identical to X's parent company, RCL

If you buy the soda package at the pool deck when boarding, before sailing, a sticker is glued to your card by the server and you are given a red coca-cola tall mug with cover for use during the cruise. The first few times I showed the mug the server wanted to see the seapass card as well to check for the sticker. By the third day they never asked to see the seapass card when requesting a soda with just the mug. ;)

Identical to RCL procedures. I didn't bring the mug home since we have six from prior trips, I don't remember if it had the X logo or RCL logo on the side.

Mr. Incredible

Um, I think you didn't read the prior post very well. At most, one receipt is all it takes since they evidently reissue you a new card with the soda priv information printed directly on its face (vs. a simple sticker that can be moved about). Once you've paid your $5/day and received your card with the "embedded" information, they'd just credit back whatever was on that one receipt.

Got it!

I guess I was unclear. You take the receipt for the purchase of the soda program to Guest Relations ONCE and you are given a new card.

And getting multiple beverages, at one time, in the dining room was usually no problem.

Question re mug..........

Does this mean that you must carry this mug around all day? Are you still able to get sodas without the mug? Going on the Connie in two weeks and was wondering about his.

Thanks

Barb

The mug is just advertising (although the size is an improvement over the tiny glasses -- good to hang onto it). It's the card that assures the service.

Question re mug..........

Does this mean that you must carry this mug around all day? Are you still able to get sodas without the mug? Going on the Connie in two weeks and was wondering about his.

Thanks

Barb

We have 2 mugs; never used them. We always bring a large thermal mug with a lid. It's great for keeping you beverages hot or cold. I hate those tiny glasses.

A friend who was with us on our last X cruise wanted to know if he could get away with bringing the same mug from last year with him? I would think that there has to be some way of tracking who paid for new and who had old mugs. For what it's worth, I think the cost of sodas should be included in the whole cost since it's really a nickle and dime kind of charge.

Archived