Leaving from NOLA where would you.....

DOT Dudet

300+ days till my 2nd cruise and I am excited. It is my understanding that it takes hours to travel down the Mississippi, cruising on the Pearl, where would you plan to be after the sail away? Please do not say your balcony since I could not afford one.

Day dreaming and counting the days.

Assuming you set sail at 4 p.m., what would you do on any other Cruise. Go grab a snack, grab your swimsuit and jump in the pool, explore the ship. I don't know? Maybe even hang out on one of the decks and watch New Orleans disappear and as you sail down the Mississippi.

The trip down the river takes about 8 hours, give or take an hour or so. We usually spend the time much like a sea day, just bumming around the ship. After the first hour or so, you really don't see much along the river. When you hit the mouth of the river, the vast number of oil rigs in the gulf is an amazing sight...if you stay up that late!

Usually the pool deck is where all the action is for Sail Away. I would suggest heading up to deck 12. There will be probably be a band up there. Have a cocktail watch the slip cruise from the terminal and toast to your cruise!

Jonathan

The late night river is beautiful. The river is full of navigation lights and the refineries and small towns are all lighted. Pick a spot on the pool deck near the windows or go to the Windjammer type lounge on an upper deck.