What can X do to appeal to more cruisers?

DominoBlue97

Domino - you should be able to find very active excursions on X. We always snorkel, catamaran etc. The disco is generally active with most of the 20s and 30s at night. you should be able to have good options. We go back and forth between Royal Caribbean and X - now that their clubs have some reciprocity we get perks and we are shareholders so we discounts on both lines. There are things we like better on each line so we know what to expect and look forward to each time.

I think Celebrity should be less concerned about appealing to more types of cruisers and focus on preserving, as well as improving, what is important to passengers who want Celebrity to continue to be a step above the other mass market cruise lines. If not, Celebrity will eventually be no different than Carnival, and lose its traditional passenger base of people who are more concerned with quality than finding the cheapest cruise available.

Domino,

Sorry, many of the responses are less than kind. :( DH is 43 & I am 37, & can see where you're coming from. We choose Celebrity for the food, service, & atmosphere. Yes, it would be nice if the pools were open later, & all the evening shows were after 2nd seating dinner. I don't see how either of these things could in any way affect the Celebrity experience negatively. We're not partiers, & go to our cabin most nights after dinner. That said, there should be a late show & other options for those with late seating. In our experience, there's more people in the clubs late on formal night than other nights. Yes, I'm sure X will be more than happy to have you as a customer for many years to come. Rest assured that most passengers on the ship will be very friendly & a joy to be around. :)

The original poster stated that extended pool hours appealed to her/him. No one has submitted the reminder that Princess has freshwater pools and hot tubs that are open 24/7. My family has always enjoyed this.

Celebrity provides a nice touch here and there -- small things, nearly inconspicuous, and all of it contributes to a lovely cruise experience -- but they are not alone in providing a great cruise experience to adults. I can think of a few things I'd like to see them eliminate, actually, to increase the level of sophistication. I've never cruised Crystal, Cunard or Radisson; I probably never will.

The OP needs mostly to look at the length of the cruise and itinerary and time of year. From what employees have told me, and from what most people report, it's typical to find the younger partyin' crowd during the holiday season and the height of spring break. A 20-something might not like, entirely, a cruise in the off-season, running 14 days, to the Panama Canal -- a concentration of seniors.

Cruises have something for everyone. The OP should actually be able to find what they want on most mass market cruise lines that offer a variety in deck activities (pools, tubs etc.), music scattered about in various lounges, group activities and games, quiet spaces, theaters, movies, spa offerings, work-out areas, nice dining rooms and good service. As for shore excrusions, go on-line and discover your own - most will be better than what the ships offer.

Have a great cruise.

J

Archived