Braille or Audio

Hello,

I am 100% blind. I am looking at taking a cruise or two within the next couple of years. I was wondering if I could get menus or the funtimes in a braille or audio format. Can I get anything else in braille or audio? Is there braille room numbers and braille throughout the ship? Should I be aware of anything else?

@BlindTraveler

I am not aware of any assistive services on NCL. Which does not mean that there aren't any.

My vision is failing me; at this point I need to invert colors on my iPhone to be able to read printed material. There just isn't enough contrast. In the restaurant on board I take a picture of the menu page and enlarge it.

While that will not help you, my iPhone has an Accessibility Section, which includes Voice Over and a couple of Braille options. I have not explored them, but they may be of interest to you.

Maybe a demo by a genius in a near-by Apple Store may help.

While that will not help you, my iPhone has an Accessibility Section, which includes Voice Over and a couple of Braille options. I have not explored them, but they may be of interest to you.

Maybe a demo by a genius in a near-by Apple Store may help.

Good advice for us visually impaired. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have no idea what you are talking about.

What he's talking about is that there is a setting in the Cruise Critic app that allows you to switch to what they refer to as "nighttime mode." I use it too because I have a sensitivity to bright lights due to floaters, so it helps me to be able to stare at a black background with white text rather than the opposite. Here's a screenshot:

78990b235bdec49700c6eb106f373c7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

@cruisingosychRN

I was responding to your question "How do you read this?"

After I responded, I wondered whether you meant to ask the OP. Or should I just have said "without moving my lips"with ? :) The pitfalls of written communication. We good?

The Audible Funtimes on the TV has been available on all the ships I've been on in the last couple of years (at least). The CD's staff reads them every evening for the next day's events. Now, whether they read them clearly is another matter - my daughter was on the staff on the Glory last year - her reading voice (and pronunciations) were sometimes a bit muddled. I didn't listen to any of the other staff (you know proud Mama wanted to see and hear everything she was doing), but it was played over and over again..

There are a variety of channels. Miami feed.

I rarely watch TV onboard but a few weeks ago DH was watching CNN, local Miami stations, channel guide, a movie channel, ship channel, Lido cam, bridge cam etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums