Suite question

yogibear

I you've never been in a VS before, let me tell you....you will NEVER want another cabin on that ship...we always book a VS on the Pride.....this is the best cabin ever....(especially for the price)...We've been in a Deluxe Owners Suite on the Norwegian Dawn, paid 2x the $$ and would still take the VS over the DOS...the huge balcony is awesome, the DOS has none...

We are heading to Baltimore in less than 2 weeks!!! My VS is calling my name!!

And to answer your original question.....Our cabin has always been ready as soon as we board...

I've also noticed that Carnival has made the boarding times later....

I'm still so very confused, as I just saw this on the Carnival website:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/~/priority-check-in-program

PRIORITY CHECK-IN PROGRAM

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests, and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations, with special embarkation and debarkation privileges. Your boarding pass will be stamped PRIORITY for terminal and Captain’s Lounge access.

Priority

Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, who qualify for Priority, may check in together. Priority guests may access their staterooms after boarding.

In addition, Diamond, Platinum and deluxe suite guests will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship and will receive special luggage tags once on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which seems to imply early access for suite accommodations....

I'm still so very confused, as I just saw this on the Carnival website:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1380/~/priority-check-in-program

PRIORITY CHECK-IN PROGRAM

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum and Diamond guests, and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations, with special embarkation and debarkation privileges. Your boarding pass will be stamped PRIORITY for terminal and Captain’s Lounge access.

Priority

Minors traveling with parents in separate staterooms, who qualify for Priority, may check in together. Priority guests may access their staterooms after boarding.

In addition, Diamond, Platinum and deluxe suite guests will receive a debarkation letter offering a choice of how they would prefer to disembark the ship and will receive special luggage tags once on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which seems to imply early access for suite accommodations....

See post #10. It explains who is allowed access to their Stateroom early.

My Suite has always been ready on the last 5 cruises on the Fascination and Magic.

And some non suite cabins may be ready as well. However, you are not supposed to go through the doors unless you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF. It was either luck that yours were ready, or you arrived when everyone's were if you aren't D/P/FTTF.

See post #10. It explains who is allowed access to their Stateroom early.

I did see that post. That is why I am confused by the conflicting statement on the Carnival website that says " Priority guests may access their staterooms after boarding." [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And some non suite cabins may be ready as well. However, you are not supposed to go through the doors unless you are Diamond, Platinum, FTTF. It was either luck that yours were ready, or you arrived when everyone's were if you aren't D/P/FTTF.

" Priority guests may access their staterooms after boarding."

All Suites are Priority Boarding, that's been my experience anyway.

" Priority guests may access their staterooms after boarding."

All Suites are Priority Boarding, that's been my experience anyway.

Priority Boarding. That is all. Not early access to your cabin. You can see by the pics I posted that nowhere does it specify suites. I agree, the website could be worded better, but it doesn't change the fact of what is actual policy. The 2 pics I posted spell it out quite clearly.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Here is what Carnival (partially) says under FTTF. Suites are not mentioned but Diamond and Platinum are because they are included where suites are not.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/related/1

Here's what the program includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Boarding

A dedicated security and check in lane has been set aside for all priority guests on embarkation day. FTTF guests will board after VIFP Diamond, Platinum and Suite guests.

Note: Only Diamond, Platinum and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations have access to the Captain’s Lounge.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Can someone please explain the "Captain's Lounge"?

It's a waiting room before getting on the ship, right?

How does one get there from the airport?

Thank you.

It's a nicer little waiting area.

Depends on what port and airport I would guess.

Can someone please explain the "Captain's Lounge"?

It's a waiting room before getting on the ship, right?

How does one get there from the airport?

Thank you.

It's an area that is separate where you check in and wait. In Miami, it's at the bottom of the escalators. When I went on Vista, we waited upstairs with everyone else as our S&S cards were in our mailboxes and there was no need to check in past the initial desk when you first walked in the doors.

For Miami I use Uber.

I checked my booking on the Carnival site and looked at my boarding passes.

They now have the FTTF logo stamped on them.

Able to answer my own question:

YES, Suites have priority room access!!

Karen

PS: Looking forward to my 4th time in a Vista Suite

# 4228 Legend 3/2005 and 4/2005 (back to back)

# 7298 Pride 3/2013

# 7298 Pride 14-day Journey 11/4/2018

Edited by yogibear

I checked my booking on the Carnival site and looked at my boarding passes.

They now have the FTTF logo stamped on them.

Able to answer my own question:

YES, Suites have priority room access!!

Karen

Congrats! Maybe they gave you FTTF for some reason. I have heard it happening on here every once in awhile. I'm guessing neither you or somebody else purchased it for you? So yes, your cabin should be ready upon embarkation and you should have all the benefits of FTTF since that's what you have. It's not just strictly being able to go to your cabin early. As I've explained before as just being in a suite doesn't have that benefit nor the dedicated GS line. Enjoy FTTF. You should also get a sticker for the back of your card. If you don't, go to GS and get one. In short, not all suites have early access. It's only if you have the FTTF logo (or are Diamond or Platinum) which means you actually have full fledged FTTF.

Have a great cruise!

I'm sure that they are giving it to the Suite people as FTTF is not offered on the Journeys cruise.

Karen

Probably just the Vista Suites as there's no way they could have all the suites ready by the time embarkation starts unless that's close to 1:00pm. Enjoy!