Child Care on Shore Days

We are planning to cruise in July and taking our 2yo. We would like to go on an excursion in Belize, however, he is not old enough for anything on the ships excursion list. Does anyone know if the ship provides child care on shore days? If so how does it work? Do they open early for excursion goes? Any info on this from people who have used the facilities would be appreciated!

We are planning to cruise in July and taking our 2yo. We would like to go on an excursion in Belize, however, he is not old enough for anything on the ships excursion list. Does anyone know if the ship provides child care on shore days? If so how does it work? Do they open early for excursion goes? Any info on this from people who have used the facilities would be appreciated!

They do provide care. We left my 3 yo son on one year while we took his older brother, then 8, to some Mayan ruins in Costa Maya as it was an hour long bus ride each way. Camp will open 8/9 am but if you need earlier, I am sure arrangements can be made. When you drop him off, you simply tell the staff that you will be ashore until X time; they will feed him lunch and keep him entertained. I think we left about 9 am and returned around 2. When the 3 of us reboarded, we grabbed a quick lunch, picked him up and took him ashore for some pool time. He was happy as a pig in mud and had no clue we had gone. it was the best of both worlds.

Since Belize is a tender port, and you will be leaving, I would certainly book the ship's excursion for the peace of mind that you will make it back on.

On a side note, that same year, we were in Belize and he was able to do Goff's Caye. That was a great experience. I snorkeled from the boat with the 8 year old and DH went ashore with him. After an hour or so, we came ashore. He played in the Tidepools with me while DH and 8 yo went snorkeling from shore.

Camp Ocean/ Carnival will open approximately 30mins prior to the first excursion leaving so make sure you have a ship excursion, just tell the staff which excursion you are on and the time you anticipate being back in board, they do offer lunch and dinner and also change diapers if they are provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/url