Amazing Secret River excursion

RiddySox

Thank you! I read your review and it was very helpful. I'm a bit turned off about the shopping aspect as we wouldn't want to do that. Is there a beach or anything nearby that we can do to just relax until the ferry returns or is it literally just a shopping area?

I do remember that there was a beach area when you get off of the ferry that we saw some people at, but unsure if it was a free beach or if it was attached to the hotel that was there, sorry. Maybe someone else can help with that. We did see a couple of restaurants/bars there too -if that was something that would interest you. It is a great experience and my family still would have done it all over again if given the choice, it just would have been nice to be prepared for the shopping with the kiddos( ie: walking shoes, extra money, etc...). So that is why I posted the review so others can know going in what to expect. If you do go, please return and post an updated review for us :D

• 2 months later...
We did this and it really was amazing. Check out the link in my signature for a full review. Hope it helps.

I read the review, and it was great. I was wondering if you thought that a 5 foot 8 man who is somewhat claustrophobic would have trouble in the caves? Obviously, you can't speak for everyone who is claustrophobic, but it sounded like the water level of the river played into this somewhat, as well as the height of a person.

The 5'8" height is not a problem but the slightest bit of claustrophobia would be a problem. If this person were to have a panic attack, there would be no quick way out of the cave.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.