15 Day Hawaiian Cruise from Long Beach in October

AM Clover

Has anyone taken the 15 day cruise in October to Hawaii from Long Beach? We are scheduled to go in October 2017 and I am curious how the weather is for the days at sea. What type of clothing should I pack? Is it warm enough to use the pools while on board? How was the weather in Hawaii during the time there?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

Gone twice in October in 2014 & 2016.

Always seen people in the pools and hot tubs, so it can't be too cold for some.

First two and last two days will be cool, getting warmer the closer you get to the islands. Plan on cool nights onboard and in Volcanos National Park.

Weather in HI is warm with scattered showers, sometimes light and gentle, other times a downpour. Both are usually short lived.

The Hawaii board has tons of info.

A recommendation -- the market across the street from the Hilo port makes an excellent shaved ice for half the price of the ones in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did it about 10 years ago in late October. We were in Maui on Halloween. No issue with weather, just the other passengers. It skewed very 'senior' and people got very antsy for those long stretches at sea. We definitely swam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gone twice in October in 2014 & 2016.

Always seen people in the pools and hot tubs, so it can't be too cold for some.

First two and last two days will be cool, getting warmer the closer you get to the islands. Plan on cool nights onboard and in Volcanos National Park.

Weather in HI is warm with scattered showers, sometimes light and gentle, other times a downpour. Both are usually short lived.

The Hawaii board has tons of info.

A recommendation -- the market across the street from the Hilo port makes an excellent shaved ice for half the price of the ones in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done two cruises from San Pedro (adjacent port) and it was the same except the first three days were cool with rough seas for the first day or two. Hot and sunny (including Hilo) by the time you get to the islands.Ensenada to Long Beach (overnight ) can be chilly.

Has anyone taken the 15 day cruise in October to Hawaii from Long Beach? We are scheduled to go in October 2017 and I am curious how the weather is for the days at sea. What type of clothing should I pack? Is it warm enough to use the pools while on board? How was the weather in Hawaii during the time there?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

VERY WINDY and chilly, we have done it twice and never again.