NCL Pearl obstructed view

gar90

Hey all. Does anyone have experience with the obstructed view rooms on the Pearl? Our travel agent is holding one for us (specifically room 8586 if any of you have stayed in that one) and I'm debating whether the obstructed view is worth the extra price over a regular interior. I know that the oceanview rooms get 2 promos instead of 1, but since we would get the meal package as our second choice it would still be a bit cheaper to get the interior and buy the second promo separately. Just wanted to see if you guys had any input. Thanks again!

We stayed in an obstructed view once on the pearl. We were lucky enough to get one that was between lifeboats so had somewhat of a view. It was our first non-inside cabin, and good for natural light but when in port be careful when you are getting ready. Crew works on life boats and will be right in your window. I don't remember exactly the room number but I think we were 80547dcd1d5a4d7f27171d9565cbcee9163d.jpg36c41c0dbacc87ac8b594f0cfa4c8c41.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have had obstructed view - I would only book this again if it was the SAME price as an inside cabin - which ours was. Otherwise it is not worth it. If you have to have a window go for it but we really found it to be a non issue with us. Not worth the extra money in our opinion. There is a very good chance that you will have lights from the walking deck below you shining at night time. We found this to be the biggest issue for us. The noise was a close second because the shuffle board game was below us and there were some "intense" games apparently being played.

We had 8578 on the Pearl last year, repositioning from Vancouver to LA. We sailed with a group and booked OO cabins because one of our party is claustrophobic. Our cabins were behind the lifeboats and our windows were the double portholes. The bed was directly beneath the windows. On a previous cruise on the Pearl our friends had an inside cabin which appeared very small and dark. Deck 8 has O'Sheehan's for convenience, is close to the main dining rooms and a healthy walk up to the Garden Cafe. It really is a matter of personal preference and can depend on the itinerary and of course cost. Hope you have a lovely time.