Hesitant Cruiser - help! Ecstasy

5cruizin

No problem, I hope all of you have a great time on the trip. It's a great time, lot's to do and lot's to not do whichever way you choose to go. Oh and as I'm sure you've read way too much to eat and drink while on the ship. lol

Hopefully he will have a good time once you get there. When we booked our first cruise I was much more excited about it than my husband, who is a total mover and felt like he was going to be "trapped" on the ship. Once we boarded and he saw how spacious the ship was, and how much there was to do, he started to relax and ended up having fun, such that we are now going on our 5th cruise in August (first one with the kiddos age 15, 16, and 20).

I think the key is to go with the flow, prioritize what activities you want to do, and leave some free time to just relax and "be". Over our previous four cruises we have seen people literally running from activity to activity aboard ship, trying not to "miss anything". To me they looked kind of stressed out and not the way I want to spend my vacation. We would look over the next day's activities together the night before, each choose a thing or two that we wanted to do, and let the rest of the day sort of unfold.

I wasn't looking forward to the cruise we just did in February. Even for the months leading up to it, I felt like I'd be just as happy staying home. I think I was just so wrapped up in all the work that goes into getting our family out of the house, getting the house and pets squared away, getting everyone to the port, getting through the lines and on the ship, then getting everything to our rooms and being concerned that we'd remembered everything. We got all that done, headed to the Lido deck, grabbed a drink and some lunch, heard the music playing, felt the swaying of the ship, and the breeze blowing and I was exactly where I needed to be. Cruise mode, full of excitement about the fun and relaxation of the coming week.

Maybe it will happen that fast for your husband. Maybe he just needs to get there and be able to fully relax and it will hit him.

We are doing this exact same cruise. I and my daughter 7 are the really excited ones and the wife and my son 13 are more along for the ride. I hope to get them hooked as well because we are already booked on our second cruise for Easter next year. I think the wife is coming along because she really needs a vacation right now and the cruise is starting to appeal to her more everyday. I think it is interesting that we are celebrating our anniversary as well.

We are doing this exact same cruise. I and my daughter 7 are the really excited ones and the wife and my son 13 are more along for the ride. I hope to get them hooked as well because we are already booked on our second cruise for Easter next year. I think the wife is coming along because she really needs a vacation right now and the cruise is starting to appeal to her more everyday. I think it is interesting that we are celebrating our anniversary as well.

Congratulations, happy anniversary! I hope we both get the same result, cruise addicts! I would love for this to be first of many cruises. Have fun!

Send dad with the male children to the men's locker room/showers at the gym, life saver and everyone can get ready at same time. If there are more female children then mom you take the girls up to the girls locker/showers, lots of room, big mirrors, nice showers, blow dryers etc....

Why isn't he looking forward to it? After our honeymoon 25 years ago, I talked my parents into cruising with us. My dad hated the idea, but he absolutely loved it! Now they have cruised more than we have!

It is such a wonderful, relaxing trip for families. Be sure to do as much as possible, especially since it is such a short one....we always say, "we can sleep when we get home!" Unless he just wants to relax! I would emphasize what a great family trip it is. Time for the two of you, the kids will love camp Carnival, and then you will also have family time. Everyone gets to have a great time. We leave in 3 weeks for our 16th cruise, and this will be my daughters' 11th cruise. They are 21, 19 and 17. We went to Disney several years ago, and everyone said they would have rather cruised (it would have been cheaper, too!). Good luck! But it is really up to him to have a great time.

My DW and I can not agree more!,we love cruising for several reasons. One, you wake up every morning in a different port:D(not sea days of course). Two, I know the shows are not Broadway quality shows, but they are decent, and included in the price. Thirdly, getting waited on hand and foot:hearteyes::hearteyes:, and much, much, more. Lastly, on a land vacation you get to were your going and most everything you do cost extra $$, with the exception of an all inclusive resort which are great in Mexico expect praying you don't get kidnapped:eek:.