All-Incl. resorts in Jamaica

familycruisin101

The only one that comes to my mind right now would be Sandals. I have no idea what they charge and I'm not sure you want to take a 13 mo. old there. Jamaica is also known for their Hedonism resorts. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you out here!

Sandals is an adults only couples resort. Hedonsim (Superclubs) is adults only also.

You can usually get a day pass to the Beaches or Breezes resorts which allow children. I don't recall offhand which ones do this in Ocho Rios and if they have any age requirements. Breezes is part of the Superclubs (Superclubs.com) and Beaches is part of Sandals (sandals.com or Beaches .com).

Try margeritaville in ocho rios.we took our daughter with us in sept (she's 3 but we saw younger kids there)it's within walking distance of the peir.Nice freshwater pool with waterslide,nice beach,great food and lots of entertaining barstaff-very family orientated.People on our cruise paid $99 per person for a allinclusive and said it was terrible.Half cooked hot dogs and so on.Jimmy buffets margeritaville website has free soda and drink coupons on it but you have to find the lost salt shaker.A little tip: if you don't want to be bothered by the vendors in jamacia take a cab from the peir to island village were margeritaville is.It's 2 bucks a person and a 5 minute ride.Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I have experience with this one. You need to try Franklyn D Resorts. Their website is www.fdrholidays.com. They are two resorts owned by them. Pebbles which is 30 minutes outside of Montego Bay or FDR which is in Runaway Bay about 30 minutes outside of Oches Rios. We traveled there several years ago with a 6, 3, and a 9 month old. Very family friendly. They provide a vacation nanny during your visit (at no additional cost) that will help with the children. Our children actual wanted to go with our nanny to the kids dinner at night. She would also tend to our room and help give the kids a bath. The cost was very affordable and we had one of the best times we have ever had! If you go ask for the nanny Monica, she is outstanding!!!!!!!!!

you can email me if you have any other questions.

tracibrewington@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

We really enjoyed Wyndham Rose Hall in Montego Bay, although that was almost five years ago. They have a really nice water park with a lazy river and slides. I posted a pretty comprehensive review on epinions as "leahsmom."

Two years ago we stayed at the Renaissance Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios, which was good but not as good as WRH.

Beaches Negril is supposed to be fantastic, but it's $$$$. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor.

If it doesn't have to be Ocho Rios (which is a 2 hour bus ride from the airport - our 18 month old hurled all over Daddy on the way!!!!) check out Starfish Trelawny just outside Montego Bay a 15 min shuttle and you're there. Great reviews on tripadvisor too.

We stayed at Beaches Runaway Bay resort (16 yrs+) which is right next door to FDR. The resort looked nice and the built in nanny sounds great. The only downside I saw was that the beach for FDR was adjacent to the nude beach for the Beaches resort :eek: . There was rarely anyone on the nude beach, and a little nudity never killed anyone, so not a huge deal. It is also a good distance from Ochos Rios so not real easy to get out and explore.

we stayed here in 1993 shortly after they opened. it was great with the nanny but they did need to work on their beach, which i'm sure by now, they have. One interesting thing, i asked the nanny what she made per week u.s. and she told me couldn't let me know. i pressed her and she said she made $20.00/week. i felt so bad, i told her i was going to give her $40.00. she said she'd rather have a pair of my hurache sandals. after hearing that, i gave her $40.00 and the sandals of her choice. people are very poor there. have a great time.

glen tev

I've been looking for the margaritaville site and the "lost shaker of salt"

Which site are you looking at and where might I find the area to look for the lost shaker of salt.

Thanks

Look in a generalsearch for 'jimmy buffet margeritaville' then click on everything on from t-shirts to kid's apparel until you find the salt shaker.

Archived