Dr. Suess

sue2002

Has anyone done the dr. Suess breakfast and if so, is it worth the price. Do you make reservations once on board?

Yes, yes and yes!

Two of us went last time on the glory, November 2015. It was excellent food and they sat all the adults without kids together. The food was creative and fun and tasty. We reserved our spot at guest services upon boarding, or there is a sign up table on the lido iirc on boarding as well.

We had a great time and will probably do it again this Nov. :)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We've done it 3 times with children and enjoyed ourselves, also took relatives without kids and they had fun too. Twice the food was better than what was served at regular breakfast imho, the third time it was sub-par.

All the characters come around for autographs and photos and they staff sing and dance.

It's a fun breakfast and worth the extra $5 even if you're without kids or not a big Dr. Seuss fan.

If you are traveling with kids they also have a Dr. Seuss parade, storytime and another activity or two at the Camp.

eta: Of course anyone of any age can do any of this. I saw upthread someone is going for her graduation. Not only have we taken people without kids, but we've seen other people without kiddos at the breakfast. Dr. Seuss is for anyone :D

I'm grown , a teacher and Seuss is my favorite week at school so of course I was stoked to try the breakfast! I love it! It's only 5 bucks which I'm surprised at..I figured it would be more. It's a great way to enjoy breakfast! We usually do the Fox in Sox ...some of those confections look like they contain a TON of sugar! But the kiddos swear it's super tasty!

Can you order whatever you want like in the mdr? Or is it one entree per person? I'd love to try some of the cute stuff but will crash if I eat fruit loop waffles and no protein!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Can you order whatever you want like in the mdr? Or is it one entree per person? I'd love to try some of the cute stuff but will crash if I eat fruit loop waffles and no protein!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Order whatever you want! We ordered multiple items. :)

I saw an article on line the other day about common pronunciation mistakes and it mentioned that Dr. Seuss's name should be pronounced Soice ( rhymes with voice), which may be accurate ( or not, who knows if what you read on line is accurate) but just doesn't sound right to me.

We just attended one a couple weeks ago on the MAGIC with our little granddaughters age 2 and 3. They loved it but I was amazed at all the detail put into the event. The menu reads like a Dr Seuss book, really cute themed table decorations, an ice sculpture at the entrance Really cute food presentation. Made for some very colorful fun photos . The girls loved meeting the characters Overall well worth the money

If you are traveling with kids they also have a Dr. Seuss parade, story time and another activity or two at the Camp.

They did this on the Sunshine last year ... it was great fun for the kids that participated. Started in the Ocean Plaza with singing and activities ... then a parade with rhythm instruments all the way to the theater ... then the kids were invited onto the stage (with decorations and costumed characters) for a reading of the Cat in the Hat.:D

Just off Dream today and had a blast with daughter and the Seuss events. Everything we saw pointed you to booking once on board. There was an employee on the Lido deck on embarkation day - took less than 5 minutes to sign up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're planning to book this for the first time on our next cruise.

Can anyone tell me...is there lots of time to take pictures? Like, just me and the characters, not me holding my phone over my head and taking a picture of the Cat across the room, over the heads of the crowd, like a Disney parade?

We're planning to book this for the first time on our next cruise.

Can anyone tell me...is there lots of time to take pictures? Like, just me and the characters, not me holding my phone over my head and taking a picture of the Cat across the room, over the heads of the crowd, like a Disney parade?

Yup, lots of time with each character. Adults and kids were all getting pics.

Few answers to questions I read upthread (we've done 3 Seuss breakfasts!)

* you can order anything you want. The first time we went we didn't have a clue so the waiter said(and I quote) "I'll just bring you 1 of everything and you can all share."

*You register as soon as you board, there will be a table somewhere that is easy to find. If you board with kids-they will probably find you ;)

*They limit how many people can do the breakfast so each table gets time with each character

*Tons of time for photos, and I forgot, they also do a Dr. Seuss photo time like the regular photos they have before dinners. Except with Cat and the Hat theme backdrop and the characters there. I'm told the Cat also shows up at camp.

*If you do the parade and storytime, there are more photo ops, They also pick 1 or 2 parents to be on stage and act out part of the story.

*If you or your kids have any Dr. Seuss themed clothes, bring them along!

It's a real treat and worth the $5/ person. Lot of familiar brunch dishes as well as a few wacky things like green eggs and ham and colorful waffles. Both kids and I had a blast and we loved taking pix with the characters. Really fun and will do it again on next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup, lots of time with each character. Adults and kids were all getting pics.

Oh, excellent! I know I'm a grown adult, but I want pictures with The Cat In The Hat, and Thing One and Thing Two!