Bathroom Question Jewel JS room

rrmanlht

Hope someone knows the answer to this question. We have never been on ship of this size and were wondering about the size and type of bathrrom in a JS room on Jewel OTS. Any pictures or discription would be appreciated.

Thanks.... :confused:

Here are pics of our cabin on Brilliance...Jewel will be the same:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.sbc.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

As you can see from the photos, the vanity has shelves behind mirrors on either side of the sink and a nice shelf below the sink. The tub/shower combo is nice and has the usual adjustable shower head arrangement. You will get a bowl of bath stuff such as lotions and lip balm..a little extra touch over the regular balcony cabins.

Sorry, unless you are in an aft JS, you won't have that lovely balcony...just a regular one. Sigh, wish I was there now.:(

The Serenade OTS, sister ship to the Jewel, and were in a JS (second time in a JS on a Radiance class ship). The bathroom is about 24 sq. ft. (4x6) and has a bath tub with shower (with shower curtain) on the left as you enter. Shower head is a mounted handheld unit. In the shower are 3 wire corner shelves for shampoo, soap, etc. In addition, there is a shampoo dispenser mounted to the wall. On the right as you enter is the vanity with a single sink in the center. The mirror covers the entire wall above the vanity, and the left and right side open to create both a 3-way mirror and storage space. There is also a shelf under the vanity for additional storage. To the left of the vanity, directly in front of you as you enter, is the lavatory. It is set at an angle for added legroom. Above the lavatory is the towel rack. Each bathroom is stocked with the following amenities: shampoo, shower gel, body lotion, shower cap, bar soap, QTips and cotton balls. Hope that gives you a clear picture.

Debandbill, we have 1100 on the Jewel 01/14. I was wondering about the size of the tub. Is it a full size tub like you would find in a simple bathroom at home or smaller? I'm a bath person and would love to be able to stretch out and soak. BTW, I'm about 5'2" so I don't need a huge one, just regular size. Thanks for the info.

Tarps,

I am about 5'2" as well and I fit fine in the tub. It may be just slightly narrower than home type tubs but it was fine..plenty deep and long, and I enjoyed my bubble baths (bring some from home....Bath and Body sells the travel size) very much. Here is a fun secret. If you take a bath while at sea its like being in a very gentle wave pool...very soothing...like back in the womb.

You are so going to love that cabin...my absolute favorite of all. I am very jealous! Deb

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I have had your cabin pics on my "favorites" for a while now and look at them almost daily! I can't wait!! We had an aft cabin on Diamond Princess this last January for our 20th anniversary and my DH fell in love with it. The balcony on that cruise was also huge and there is nothing like sitting back there at sunset and just "being". We got this cabin by dumb luck. Had booked on the Radiance 1/15 a while back but had been keeping an eye on the Jewel (which had been sold out for a while) and about 10:00 one night happened to see 1100 available on the Jewel!! Booked it right then and there and then called TA the next morning and had everything changed over. Have been beyond excited since then. My DH had no idea how sought after this cabin was until after it was booked and I started showing him posts and pictures. Thanks again for the info!:D

Funny thing about that cabin...it makes you spend money...QUICKLY! In 2003, I was preparing for our family cruise in Alaska aboard Radiance in September. It was mid summer and I had lots to do to get our group cruise organized and researched, etc. In the mean time, I saw a fellow CCer posting about her upcoming cruise on Brilliance so I popped in to say hi (we had been on a Brilliance cruise together the previous year-we were in 1100). She said Hi back and begged Bill and I to come along. I explained that we were already cruising in September and that was our 2003 cruise but just on a whim, I checked availability for the November Brilliance cruise, mainly because it was a great itinerary. Doggoneit, wouldn't you know...cabin 1100 was available...I couldn't resist....called TA and booked it. So, two cruises in 2003, the last an 11 dayer...it was an expensive year and its all Cabin 1100's fault!

So look out, once you have that cabin, you are spoiled for life!

Archived