HELP! Walking From Crystal Cavern to Tom Moore's Jungle

jaee901

Yes you can! I just came back from Bermuda yesterday and we walked from the Caves to Tom Moore's jungle. I am copying and pasting a post made by a member on cruisecritic whose directions I followed and I found the Blue Hole park. I didn't walk the other trails further as we were crunched for time.

"

start at the swizzle inn. go down to the gas station and get water etc if you need it then go further down the hill toward the water. on the otherside is an entrance to the jungle. we didnt spend more than 1 or 2 hours there but even just at that 'end' of the jungle there were nice caves and trails and a surprise or 2 in there. we couldnt find the more extensive trails to go further but i feel just in that limited area is is so well worth it to do something you cannot do many other places. the caves were very cool

From the entrance, walk along the stone pathway, past a nice beach on your left. When the path bifurcates, take the left and you will reach an open grassy area.

From the open grassy land with a picnic table on one side, you can see the steps to a small wooden platform (having an wooden bench on one side). Standing on the platform, you can soak in the serene beauty of Blue Hole pond with surrounding cliffs and greenery, and watch fish in the water.

ocean fun. did you find other trails or not find them and give up. your review sounds almost like mine. i was there right after the hurricane last year. we spent 1 or 2 hours and i believe found the same surprises you did. also the place where there used to be a diving board and the deck over the one hole as well as lotta cool caves by the water etc.

we made a decent attempt but couldnt really find more and i'm pretty sure we only scratched the surface?

ocean fun. did you find other trails or not find them and give up. your review sounds almost like mine. i was there right after the hurricane last year. we spent 1 or 2 hours and i believe found the same surprises you did. also the place where there used to be a diving board and the deck over the one hole as well as lotta cool caves by the water etc.

we made a decent attempt but couldnt really find more and i'm pretty sure we only scratched the surface?

I did not want to walk all the trails to discover new things since we had a long list of sightseeing to cover that day, so I just followed the directions of what I posted and left shortly after. I did find one extra cave a very short walk from the trail, but no other surprises...what kind of other surprises are there to be found on tom moore's jungle?

Yes you can! I just came back from Bermuda yesterday and we walked from the Caves to Tom Moore's jungle. .... .....you can soak in the serene beauty of Blue Hole pond with surrounding cliffs and greenery, and watch fish in the water.

Earlier this year, there was an article about Tom Moore's Jungle in Bernews. In the article, there was a paragraph that stated that swimming would be banned from all ponds and cave pool. Did you see any postings prohibiting swimming at the entry of TMJ or near any pond or pool?

Thanks,

SBtS

Earlier this year, there was an article about Tom Moore's Jungle in Bernews. In the article, there was a paragraph that stated that swimming would be banned from all ponds and cave pool. Did you see any postings prohibiting swimming at the entry of TMJ or near any pond or pool?

Thanks,

SBtS

Nope. I saw a bunch of people jumping into the blue hole pond too.

Thanks,

SBtS

I was somewhat skeptical when you posted the article that mentioned the prohibition but on another forum I follow a Bermuda resident posted that signs had actually been put up. She also said there were people ignoring the signs.

We were just there on June 8. There were definitely no signs. We saw 2 people swimming.

The swimming prohibition will be ignored if there are no signs up. The article in the Bernews that it is prohibited and that there are signs won't be sufficient.