Dress

Hrcfan

Any dress code or dress suggestions for an Oct transatlantic crossing on the Silhouette?

The dress code is on the Celebrity web-site under FAQs.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/onboard-dress-code

I would suggest your bring layers as portions of the crossing might be cool in October.

I suspect you are asking about the ambient temperature. October can be anywhere from hot to very cold! Generally you would find temps hovering between 50 - 60, nt including any wind chill.

I think, as suggested, you ought to plan on layers. Most certainly bring a fleece lined jacket or sweatshirt that you can put layers on underneath.

As we get closer, you will at least be able to view long term forecasts.

Any dress code or dress suggestions for an Oct transatlantic crossing on the Silhouette?

We did the Silhouette's November transatlantic last November from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. At times it was so hot on the port side of the ship that it was impossible for us to use our port side balcony in the afternoon. We wore shorts for the sea days between Tenerife and Fort Lauderdale. The weather was lovely. From what I read on cruise critic the weather was also very good the year before. So as others have said bring a variety of clothing including clothes for warm weather as the route from Tenerife to Fort Lauderdale is quite far south.

We did the Silhouette's November transatlantic last November from Rome to Fort Lauderdale. At times it was so hot on the port side of the ship that it was impossible for us to use our port side balcony in the afternoon. We wore shorts for the sea days between Tenerife and Fort Lauderdale. The weather was lovely. From what I read on cruise critic the weather was also very good the year before. So as others have said bring a variety of clothing including clothes for warm weather as the route from Tenerife to Fort Lauderdale is quite far south.

Yes, we were on the same trip!

Although I do recall the lovely temps during the crossing, I also remember a France port call that was so cold and windy I had on every layer I owned - long pants, shirt, fleece, jacket and scarf! If I had packed a hat and gloves, I would have worn those as well.

So the recommendations to plan on layers is spot on.

Wow, I had no idea the crossing might be warm. Many thanks for your helpful suggestions. I guess we'll need to pack a bit for cooler weather too.

We just returned from a land trip that included, Venice, Florence and Tuscany. I never imagined it was going to be as warm as it was.