Adding passenger

margincall

We booked a cabin on the breakaway, for this November with the promotion 3rd and 4th guest free.

We booked ourselves and our grandaughter.

If we wanted to add someobe (the cabin can fit 4)would that 4th person,at this late date be able under the promotion, just paying port taxes

This is a great question and originally I thought I knew the answer! We were in the haven on the breakaway , we had 5 in the cabin and about 1 month before the sailing I tried to add my niece. Long story short even if the cabin shows it holds 6 ( in our case) we couldn't do it because of the lifeboat assignments. Someone with more knowledge than me can answer why but I can only assume they try to keep the families ttogether? And by that time our assigned boat was full ? Anyway call NCL or your TA they can tell you . Other than that if you can do it then yes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I would have tried a few weeks ago,i might have been able to.now that promotion is only available in suite and haven(we have balcony) and would have to be booked in 4 days(no decision on that person could be made that soon)

but thanks for the input

If I would have tried a few weeks ago,i might have been able to.now that promotion is only available in suite and haven(we have balcony) and would have to be booked in 4 days(no decision on that person could be made that soon)

but thanks for the input

You can always book John/Jane Doe there and cancel them until two weeks before the cruise without any penalties. Name change of 3rd and up passengers is also no problem later on.

OR if you already know who the possible fourth will be for sure, just book them now and cancel immediately when you get the information that they can't come (as long as it is more than two weeks before the cruise).

After reading here about lifeboat issues and promotion changes, when I booked DH and me, I booked our 2 adult children without even asking them! I knew I could cancel if they didn't want to or couldn't come and I wanted to lock in those spaces and those savings. (They both jumped at the chance and we had a wonderful cruise.)

This is a great question and originally I thought I knew the answer! We were in the haven on the breakaway , we had 5 in the cabin and about 1 month before the sailing I tried to add my niece. Long story short even if the cabin shows it holds 6 ( in our case) we couldn't do it because of the lifeboat assignments. Someone with more knowledge than me can answer why but I can only assume they try to keep the families ttogether? And by that time our assigned boat was full ? Anyway call NCL or your TA they can tell you . Other than that if you can do it then yes

Lifeboat stations otherwise called muster stations can only hold a certain amount of people. So say for example your cabin is assigned muster station A1 and let's say A1 can only accommodate 100 people, once 100 people are booked in the cabins that are assigned A1 then no more people can be added as 3-4th guests even if the cabin can hold that many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^

I wonder how up-sells/bidding takes that into consideration. Let's say that a group of 4 in a mini-suite and a couple also in a mini-suite put in a bid for a H7 (sleeps 4). Could the family of 4 (with a higher bid) still lose to the couple if the H7's lifeboat capacity area is nearly full? I know that only 2 would pay in either case but if the couple put in $750pp and the 4 group put in $1,000 for guests #1 and #2, would the 4 lose no matter what?

^^

I wonder how up-sells/bidding takes that into consideration. Let's say that a group of 4 in a mini-suite and a couple also in a mini-suite put in a bid for a H7 (sleeps 4). Could the family of 4 (with a higher bid) still lose to the couple if the H7's lifeboat capacity area is nearly full? I know that only 2 would pay in either case but if the couple put in $750pp and the 4 group put in $1,000 for guests #1 and #2, would the 4 lose no matter what?

Yes, there is no way they could book more people than the muster station capacity allows in that cabin even if that would bring in more cash.

Yep. I have two cabins. Each sleeps four. We only have 2 in each. I called to add DD's friend and neither of our cabins/lifeboats could accommodate her.

Yep. I have two cabins. Each sleeps four. We only have 2 in each. I called to add DD's friend and neither of our cabins/lifeboats could accommodate her.

Speak to the person handling your cruise they may be able to move all of you to a different section of the ship where not all the life boats are not full.