Few Questions about Roatan

kayjay76

Hi all.

I just have a few questions about this port. Here's our info first.... Feb 2018 NCL Getaway sailing.

1. What are the taxis like? Are they open air busses, regular vehicles? Vans?

2. Is it easy and safe to get off the boat and find a taxi and ask them to bring you to a beach? We have plenty of people in our group ( aprox. 15) so not worried about price

3. We are really looking for just a beach day, drinking, etc. Are beaches easy access to just take a taxi and walk on OR do we need to go to a resort and pay a fee?

Any info or advice, suggestions would be great. We are a large group of 40 somethings looking for a relaxing yet fun beach day at a minimual cost.

We were there in April.

1. We used the open air buses, but there were also vans and car taxis.

2. Very easy and safe. Walk through the shopping area to taxis and buses at the end.

3. The beach we went to was easy access, you pay for sunbeds and umbrellas. I think it was called Green Garden or something similar.

We asked advice from the Tourist Info stand as we got off the ship about suitable beaches and they were very helpful.

You will have a lovely time, it is a beautiful island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were there in April.

2. Very easy and safe. Walk through the shopping area to taxis and buses at the end.

3. The beach we went to was easy access, you pay for sunbeds and umbrellas. I think it was called Green Garden or something similar.

We asked advice from the Tourist Info stand as we got off the ship about suitable beaches and they were very helpful.

Whoops! Apologies, that was Tortola not Roatan. Ignore the whole thing. In Roatan most people went to beach resorts as far as I remember. Much cheaper to arrange yourself than through NCL, but we had limited time in port, with a late arrival and early departure.

Get with Rony Tours or Bodden Tours. Arrange transportation through them. They will be happy to accommodate your party and I believe they will charge around $25 per person for the whole day. They can take you to Bananarama on West Bay Beach or wherever you want to go. West Bay Beach is the premiere beach on the island and has bars and restaurants up and down the beach. They will pick you up at port and also give you options to visit other places as well if you would like.

If anyone likes to snorkel from the beach, front of Infinity Bay Resort and Grand Roatan is outstanding. Reef is right there.

Cruise lines also have excursions to this beach called Tabyana Beach Break but it is around $40 pp so better going with Rony or Bodden with your group.

We were there in April.

Lol. When I read this thought " wow, that sounds like Tortola!!" loll. ty anyways for reply :)

Get with Rony Tours or Bodden Tours. Arrange transportation through them. They will be happy to accommodate your party and I believe they will charge around $25 per person for the whole day. They can take you to Bananarama on West Bay Beach or wherever you want to go. West Bay Beach is the premiere beach on the island and has bars and restaurants up and down the beach. They will pick you up at port and also give you options to visit other places as well if you would like.

If anyone likes to snorkel from the beach, front of Infinity Bay Resort and Grand Roatan is outstanding. Reef is right there.

Cruise lines also have excursions to this beach called Tabyana Beach Break but it is around $40 pp so better going with Rony or Bodden with your group.

Great, Ty!!