Premium all inclusive

Torev

I don't like Premium All Inclusive at all.

We don't care about the bottled water. We cruised in November this year. Found 20 x 1 Litre bottles of water in the wardrobe on embarkation. Moved them to the floor of the wardrobe as we wanted the shelves for our stuff. 18 were left when we left. My sister used 2.

Included gratuities was nice but we budget to pay those anyway so nothing special there. I think they have done this to prevent UK customers removing service charge. Too many of them did this so NCL acted.

UBP. Well we tend to have one glass of wine usually with our dinner. We aren't drinkers, for me I rarely have more than 1 drink, sometimes 2. I would rather pay as I go.

I know Premium All Inclusive is a great deal for some but it isn't for us. I am just paying more for things I don't need, or want, and feel I am paying more to subsidise other peoples good time. I preferred paying for my cruise, paying my DSC and anything else I want as I go.

Just Cruise sounds great for me. Except I have 2 cruises in mind for 2018 and it isn't available on either. So I am going to not book and wait and see if this pans out onto more sailings in Europe or book via USA and take free at sea options such as dining package and one other as we always go balcony.

Totally this!!!

And yes this is ncl’s way to combat those who remove dsc in line with eu/U.K. legislation on sales of services etc. What I hate though is they are making it an undesirable product for us now, because even the just Cruise is t on sailings we might want yet. We will be considering other cruise lines for our next trip and probably won’t be buying a cruise next voucher like we always do onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally this!!!

And yes this is ncl’s way to combat those who remove dsc in line with eu/U.K. legislation on sales of services etc. What I hate though is they are making it an undesirable product for us now, because even the just Cruise is t on sailings we might want yet. We will be considering other cruise lines for our next trip and probably won’t be buying a cruise next voucher like we always do onboard.

I'm hoping they expand the Just Cruise offerings to every sailing for you guys. We noticed while they are throwing in promos they often have a plain fare without any promos here in the States. The funny thing is that it isn't always cheaper than the fares with the promos (except when you calculate the gratuity on the promos that have them).

I think for all the areas where people say they are a "non-tipping culture" they should go to this model of including the daily service charge in the fare. As long as it doesn't hurt the employees I think it is a good way to go.

Totally this!!!

What I hate though is they are making it an undesirable product for us now, because even the just Cruise is t on sailings we might want yet. We will be considering other cruise lines for our next trip and probably won’t be buying a cruise next voucher like we always do onboard.

We are looking at not cruising at all in future but taking a land vacation instead. We love NCL, have sailed 22 times on NCL, love the product but no longer loving the price. I have 4 cruise next certificates that I may not be going to use.

I'm hoping they expand the Just Cruise offerings to every sailing for you guys. We noticed while they are throwing in promos they often have a plain fare without any promos here in the States. The funny thing is that it isn't always cheaper than the fares with the promos (except when you calculate the gratuity on the promos that have them).

I think for all the areas where people say they are a "non-tipping culture" they should go to this model of including the daily service charge in the fare. As long as it doesn't hurt the employees I think it is a good way to go.

I have always thought that the DSC should be added to the price and included in the fare for non-tipping cultures. I have had many fellow brits rush up to me telling me how much they just "saved" by getting the DSC removed at the desk. It has always made me annoyed for the rest of the day.

Based on other conversations and a bit of eavesdropping I also believe that there was quite a lot of beverage package sharing going on too. Two couples, one with beverage packages and one without. They go and get 2 drinks and hand them to their friends. A few minutes later they go and get 2 more drinks...

So thanks to some peoples poor behaviour (theft) I now have to pay for it and I just cannot afford it any more. I'm on a reduced income these days since I took retirement.

We will look for a last minute bargain and accept an oceanview instead of our usual balcony or suite and hope it will work out for us. I will also be looking at US agencies and comparing costs for the sailings I want. Retirement means I have time but no cash LOL.

[quote=KeithJenner;54662500)

It’s good to hear that you got the water delivered daily. Previous reports were that it was all being delivered on the first day, which was an issue on long cruises.

I'm sorry if I confused you over the water. It was delivered in a box on the first night, I meant we had 2 bottles a day, a total of 14 bottles but it was delivered altogether.