using ones onboard credits from Royal Caribbean credit card

I've asked this before but I'm still confused. I have a Royal Caribbean credit card. My cruise on Oasis is sailing on the 3rd of December of this year. They are currently allowing me to book 3,4, or 5 nights in a specialty restaurant at a discount. I'd like to use my onboard credit points that I've accrued to pay for the dining. My question is when you pay the only option is to pay by credit card. How do I go about paying and with my onboard credit? I'd like to make the reservations before sailing so I am assured of getting the reservation in the restaurants I want. I'v noticed that anything you ant to purchase in advance requires a credit card. So if i'm correct the onboard credit only is good for things once you are sailing. Which means you can't make reservations prior to sailing. Please explain and correct me if i'm wrong about anything. Thanks.

First you have to redeem your points for OBC. You do this on the B of A website.

Then wait until that OBC has been posted to the reservation. You can check this by logging in to your Cruise Planner. If you have OBC to use, it will show you that amount on the first page. It may take a few weeks for the OBC to post.

thanks but how do I use the credit to pay for things purchased pre sail on Royal's website? Mainly dinner reservations. Thanks again

If you have already purchased things on the website using a credit card, then you would have to cancel them (full refund, 5-10 business days) and re-order using your OBC, when the OBC shows up on the website.

thanks but how do I use the credit to pay for things purchased pre sail on Royal's website? Mainly dinner reservations. Thanks again

Since those reservations are paid up front you really can't do it with OBC. You don't have that much to worry about not getting a reservation on board if you go to the restaurant asap after you board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... I'd like to make the reservations before sailing so I am assured of getting the reservation in the restaurants I want. ...

By the way, when you purchase a dining package pre-cruise (either by credit card or OBC), you are not able to make reservations pre-cruise. You can pick the day and time for the first restaurant and the ship picks the restaurant. Subsequent reservations must be made on board.