Dining Package

saslis

When does the dining package show up on your NCL account ? I just did my online check-in after final payment and I don' t see it. I am 98 days out, if that makes a difference. I want to make sure I can do some pre-booking. Thanks.

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. We are still far out though.

It shouldn't matter how far away your cruise is if you got the dining package (or UBP, etc.) as a perk. It should show up on your vacation summary on MyNCL. You can't make reservations until you're within the booking window for them, but you should see the perk.

I see that many of the specialty restaurants are a la carte rather than flat rate. How does dining package apply at an a la carte restaurant?

Indeed it does. It applies to Tappanyaki and Moderno (pre fixe) and Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina (a la carte). I don't think I"m forgeting any that are on most of the ships. Some ships have other options as well, but I haven't sailed on them so don't know exactly how they all work. The Cirque show is discounted wiith the dining package if you want to use one of your credits.

If you dine in an a la carte restaurant, you can use one of your credits for one entree and as many apps, desserts, and sides as you care to eat. Some waiters seem confused and say only one app and one dessert, but every report I've read has indicated that the manager has said those aren't limited--only the entrees. Also, the only reports I've read where there's been any confusion is when the diner asked the waiter. I've never heard of there being an issue when the diner hasn't asked.

Indeed it does. It applies to Tappanyaki and Moderno (pre fixe) and Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina (a la carte). I don't think I"m forgeting any that are on most of the ships. Some ships have other options as well, but I haven't sailed on them so don't know exactly how they all work. The Cirque show is discounted wiith the dining package if you want to use one of your credits.

If you dine in an a la carte restaurant, you can use one of your credits for one entree and as many apps, desserts, and sides as you care to eat. Some waiters seem confused and say only one app and one dessert, but every report I've read has indicated that the manager has said those aren't limited--only the entrees. Also, the only reports I've read where there's been any confusion is when the diner asked the waiter. I've never heard of there being an issue when the diner hasn't asked.

How does it work at the sushi bar, where it is charged a la carte by the piece?

BTW? does anyone know if Bamboo and O'Sheehan's require reservation for dinner?

How does it work at the sushi bar, where it is charged a la carte by the piece?

BTW? does anyone know if Bamboo and O'Sheehan's require reservation for dinner?

I believe at the sushi bar, you just get something like a 10% discount, but I could be wrong. I ate there when I had UDP but haven't eaten there with SDP so I don't know if it works the same. Check out the T&C.

I don't know what Bamboo is. You don't need reservations for O'Sheehan's, and I don't think they even take reservations.

I believe at the sushi bar, you just get something like a 10% discount, but I could be wrong. I ate there when I had UDP but haven't eaten there with SDP so I don't know if it works the same. Check out the T&C.

What about cooked sushi? Like California ? Etc? They have that? What are prices like?

It shouldn't matter how far away your cruise is if you got the dining package (or UBP, etc.) as a perk. It should show up on your vacation summary on MyNCL. You can't make reservations until you're within the booking window for them, but you should see the perk.

Can you tell me where it would show up under my vacation summary?

We've got two cruises booked and we were able to get the UBP and dining package as perks. I see it noted on my confirmation that my TA sent me but I don't see it in my vacation summary.

Can you tell me where it would show up under my vacation summary?

We've got two cruises booked and we were able to get the UBP and dining package as perks. I see it noted on my confirmation that my TA sent me but I don't see it in my vacation summary.

log in to ncl and click on vacation summary and go all the way down past map. It should show the perks and which passengers they are assigned to.

log in to ncl and click on vacation summary and go all the way down past map. It should show the perks and which passengers they are assigned to.

Thank you! I had to email my TA because it shows up on one cruise but not the other. She's trying to get it fixed now!