Just returned from Cuba cruise - looking for some advice....

just returned from a wonderful cruise to Cuba on Empress. However, the last day was very stressful to say the least. Had some items stolen from our stateroom and spent most of the afternoon with security. After a thorough search of our room (which was handled most efficiently and professionally) it was determined the items were definitely not there, then, when packing our bags to go home, the items "magically" appeared in a drawer that had been thoroughly searched earlier by security. Although we did not actually accuse or single out anyone, it is pretty obvious who was responsible. We did report finding the items to security and kind of just let it go at that not wanting to completely ruin the rest of our cruise. Reflecting on it on our way home, I think I would like to let someone at RCCL corporate know about this in hopes that maybe someone else might not have to experience this. Just looking for advice on who to write and/or email about it. Not looking for anything other than to make them aware of the situation. We were never really offered an apology from anyone about the whole thing. But, the cruise itself was awesome ! Does anyone have a suggestion on who to write?

Really sorry to hear this, wondering what they took. We have left our cell phones, kindles, etc out without issues. Guess we have to re think that. Glad you got your things back. That crew member needs to walk the plank!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Really sorry to hear this, wondering what they took. We have left our cell phones, kindles, etc out without issues. Guess we have to re think that. Glad you got your things back. That crew member needs to walk the plank!

Cell phone and iPad. Yes, we have left things before too and never really thought about it either. Twenty plus cruises with Royal Caribbean and never a problem. We will do better from now on.

Cell phone and iPad. Yes, we have left things before too and never really thought about it either. Twenty plus cruises with Royal Caribbean and never a problem. We will do better from now on.

I always thought that if the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door that no one would enter. So thought it was ok to leave computer charging on counter, etc. But that's apparently not the case. Even with that sign on door, we've had crew come into cabin to drop of treats, etc. Now not so comfortable with leaving things out.

NJ

My wife ALWAYS locks all our valuables in the safe whenever we leave. I have always given her a hard time saying "what's going to happen to our stuff? Who's going to rake anything?" I guess it does happen and I'm glad she has been diligent about it. Now I feel bad for poking fun at her.

Glad you got your items back. I'm sure it's an extremely isolated incident but RCCL should be made aware none the less so they can get rid of the bad egg.

I have a hidden camera that I take along for hotels and cruise cabins.

It clears the air very quickly, and is hard to refute.

They are quite cheap now, and come in just about anything you can think of.

Amazon even has a huge collection for sale.

Did you hear anything back from security on whether they "dealt with" the suspect? Probably not likely...

No, and that's what really disappoints me. I would have thought they might have offered some information, but no. We did insist they come back to the room and see where the items were found.

That is a great idea. Might have to look into that.

Did you have a tracker on the items? Find my phone app or something like that? If so, I would have demanded to use the ships Internet to find the location of these items.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Had a friend along who tried to help with this but kept running into problems with passwords, PIN numbers, etc. I finally just gave up on that. Had the app on the iPad but not phone. It was fairly new and I'm pretty tech-challenged. I plan on being better prepared in the future.

I wonder if one of the security people gave a quiet "I hope Tamilyn's missing items re-appear in that cabin before they finish packing up" word to the person

I think this is exactly what happened.

Thanks for all the replies. So, does anyone have an address for maybe the hotel director or head of guest services or maybe even the head of security? I think I would like to write some of these people, maybe favoring others with a copy. I'm not even sure the housekeeping manager was even aware of what happened since we were never contacted by anyone.

Though it is a great idea - it is a sad statement that this is where we are today. We have left many things out in our stateroom and never worried. I guess I am the "Polly Anna" here and think everyone is so honest:halo:

Did you have a tracker on the items? Find my phone app or something like that? If so, I would have demanded to use the ships Internet to find the location of these items.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Find my iphone (or Android equivalent) won't work for that. Assuming it had a data connection, at best about all you would be able to tell is that it was on the ship somewhere.

GPS signals are quite weak and would be blocked by the metal structure of the ship, and who knows what WiFi location will return.

Again, assuming active data or WiFi connection You could make it ring continuously.

Best you could do is put in lost mode or remote erase. With activation lock that would make the phone useless to whoever had it.

Glad you got it back though.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app