Grand Princess

BrendaB1

Thank you so much for the webcam link. For some reason I hadn't found that. We board the Grand 3 weeks from today for our pre Christmas cruise. So looking forward to being back on the ship.

Danny I see you will be leaving the day we board. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Not that I want your cruise to be over, but I can't wait for ours. Will be so anxious to hear what those cruising this week and next have to say about their day in Cozumel. Have a great cruise.

Hulagirl

Just returned from Galveston, not quite sure what the problem was but the Grand was still being refueled at 3:00pm when we arrived. The fuel barge and tugboat did not leave until 6:30pm. The Grand castoff shortly after. Between 4:30 and 6:30 two tanker trucks pulled up next to the Grand and off loaded. Could not get a good look as the sun was in our face and they were a ways off.

The Coast Guard was out in force today, they established an exclusion zone around the port area. I usually run my boat through the Galveston channel as a short cut into East bay or the jetties and they had established a "no-wake" zone also. All pleasure craft had to stay on the north side of the channel. It has been a while since the Coasties have been this active.

For all who are taking a cruise on the Grand and are driving to Galveston, the terminal drive through is the same although construction has begun in the area. It appears the City has some kind of traffic flow project underway.

Please keep us posted on the drive to Galveston construction. We are still trying to decide if we will stay in Houston that Friday night before departure ot to just travel straight to a Galveston hotel.

I'd be more than happy to keep you posted....I make the drive alot and besides you live in my favorite city.

Just returned from Galveston, not quite sure what the problem was but the Grand was still being refueled at 3:00pm when we arrived.

Hey Danny -- Glad to see you made it down despite the weather. We watched the Grand from the web cam off and on today, and couldn't imagine why she left so late.

I'm jealous of all you people leaving in the next couple weeks. I still have to wait over 100 days!:(

Hi Cindy,

I am posting just in case you read this thread. We are have issues with the email again. I keep getting a "delay in delivery" notification, so expect several emails arriving whenever. I used my wife's email but I am not sure if it is working. I started bringing the Chritmas decorations down from the attic when Mary asked me if I was still interested in going to Galveston, that was all it took to postpone the decorations! Rain let up around 3:00pm.

Danny

Okay, you two!

So now, Danny's off on the Grand again Dec. 10? That's great!

Cindy, you're waiting until Spring Break again, right? This will be a MUCH happier time for you and Jim!

Alan and I are taking a Royal Caribbean 5 day cruise on Dec. 17. We're going to Cabo and Ensenada. We weren't going to take one this year, but things have been rather hectic at work, so Alan decided to get me outa Big D! We've never been on RCI and thought it would be fun to try a different line. But I miss posting here with you guys! :o

Mackie

How bout that, I found a post from Mackie!!! How the heck are you??? It has been a while. RC on Dec. 17 sounds great I know you and Alan will have a great time.

We are taking my mother on this cruise as a Christmas present, thought it would be different than driving over to her house for Christmas. My former principal (now an Associate Superintendent) said "OK" when I asked for the week of 12/10 off. Her response was, "your taking another cruise".

I am really happy for Cindy and Jim going on the Grand in March on their "Mulligan" cruise.

Here is my email dmacfarlane@pasadenaisd.org...Give me a heads up once in a while.

Archived